fwQ2.00 | My NEW Dokken/GEORGE LYNCH patch + Til The Livin’ End SOLO VIDEO

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
what’s up dudes!

I’ve reworked my old Under Lock And Key patch with fw Q 2.00 and honestly I couldn’t be happier with the result!
Amp has been changed from the Brit Brown to the Friedman BE and I think I’ve finally nailed the perfect balance with the detune on the pitch block!

Here’s my take on one of my favorite solos off ULAK (well, it’s kinda impossible to pick just one favorite from that album haha)
I’ve made the backing track myself, you can download it here and have some fun with this bitchin’ solo :)
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/t8y6t93y5etc9bd/Til The Livin' End SOLO BACKING.mp3

and here’s the patch (XL/XL+), plus some screenshots for you Axe2 users ;)
DELAY.png EQ 1.png EQ 2.png DETUNE.png REVERB.png AMP.png EQ 3.png CAB.png

have fun and rock on! \m/

Attachments

• Lynch BE100.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Awesome! Lynch is one of my favs! Pulling out the ESP sunburst tiger now, guess the rest of my day is shot. Thanks for the patch!

Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow!...........this is insane dude. You absolutely nailed that and the tone is awesome.
Fantastic. Great playing.
Sounds like Lynch on a really good day :)

Chappers should have you on an endorsment deal.

Dude you just kill it every time! Mad skills! Great job!
thanks man!
Awesome! Lynch is one of my favs! Pulling out the ESP sunburst tiger now, guess the rest of my day is shot. Thanks for the patch!
hahaha enjoy the patch dude!!
Jesus .... you damn nailt that Lynch vibe .. sounds just like George :D
I'm nowhere close but thanks anyway Tony hahah
Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow!...........this is insane dude. You absolutely nailed that and the tone is awesome.
Fantastic. Great playing.
Sounds like Lynch on a really good day :)

Chappers should have you on an endorsment deal.

thanks man! I actually am a Chapman artist :)

Sounds great Rocco and of course playing :D:D:D:D

Have you tried adding in the Pitch Block some little ms delay , for example 10ms left ,20 ms right ?
Also switch the Input Mode from the Pitch from mono > Stereo , really gets even nicer !!
Also I like to have the Mix on 100% and then balance it with the Level or Input Gain
I noticed your Bypass Mode is on THRU.....that would not sound good when you Bypass the Pitch block....double Dry signal.....
Why the empty Shunt blocks after the Parallel Delay & Reverb ? I mean we have plenty of CPU in the Axe , so no problem of course.....perhaps going 1 line direct and 100% parallel delays / reverbs ?:)

Sounds great Rocco and of course playing :D:D:D:D

Have you tried adding in the Pitch Block some little ms delay , for example 10ms left ,20 ms right ?
Also switch the Input Mode from the Pitch from mono > Stereo , really gets even nicer !!
Also I like to have the Mix on 100% and then balance it with the Level or Input Gain
I noticed your Bypass Mode is on THRU.....that would not sound good when you Bypass the Pitch block....double Dry signal.....
Why the empty Shunt blocks after the Parallel Delay & Reverb ? I mean we have plenty of CPU in the Axe , so no problem of course.....perhaps going 1 line direct and 100% parallel delays / reverbs ?:)
thanks! those are all good tips, I never think about those things hahaha I usually leave the pitch block on all the time, that's why I didn't worry about the Bypass mode, gonna try some of your suggestions for the general routing though!

In this case the PITCH gets a mono input signal, so it would / should not make any difference.

In fact, because PITCH MIX is at 50%, there already is a double dry signal. With MIX at 50% the PITCH blok is passing unprocessed signal. In an analog system you'd have to avoid that to prevent phasing issues. You won't get phasing here in the digital realm, but it does affect signal level. The same happens at the end of the grid, which looks like a W(et)-W(et) setup (without panning the signal). So yes, always use MIX at 100% with effects in parallel.

The preset doesn't translate well to my XL. It drowns in reverb. Rocco, do you by any chance have REVERB/EFFECTS MIX set to anything else than 0% in the Global menu?

The preset doesn't translate well to my XL. It drowns in reverb. Rocco, do you by any chance have REVERB/EFFECTS MIX set to anything else than 0% in the Global menu?

I've just checked just to make sure but they're both set to 0%, dunno why it doesn't translate well! There's a LOT of reverb (just like the record) but it shouldn't be unbearable!

Testing: the preset sound like this on your machine? If yes, then everything is okay.
Played with a strat.

Back
Top Bottom