fwQ2.00 | My NEW Dokken/GEORGE LYNCH patch + Til The Livin’ End SOLO VIDEO

This is a great Lynch tone! It sounds pretty close to the tone he had in this video which I think was one of his best! And the guitar he use has similar specs with yours so you are pretty close! I thought it was odd you crank your master volume on the BE but the result is fabulous! I guess you need Poweramp distortion to get that percussive attack! Well done and great playing as always!

This is a great Lynch tone! It sounds pretty close to the tone he had in this video which I think was one of his best! And the guitar he use has similar specs with yours so you are pretty close! I thought it was odd you crank your master volume on the BE but the result is fabulous! I guess you need Poweramp distortion to get that percussive attack! Well done and great playing as always!

thanks man! I absolutely love that REH video, and I agree! His tone during the Wicked Sensation period was insane!!
As for the master on the BE, that's what I thought as well! but if there's one thing I learned from mixing/working with audio is to mix with the ears and not the eyes, sometimes we're just scared of doing something the "wrong way" (myself included).
Let's take Chris Lord Alge, one of my favorite mixing engineers. While the golden rule of many mixers is to apply very little eq boosts, he very often CRANKS up the eqs on his SSL desk like a crazy mofo... if it sounds good, it's good! also Randy Staub (another favorite of mine, worked on the Black Album, Motley's Dr. Feelgood and most recently Nickelback just to name a few) likes to add tons of low end in the overhead drum tracks, which is something most engineers stay away from...at the end of the day it's all about what sounds good no matter what it takes to get there! :)

thanks man! I absolutely love that REH video, and I agree! His tone during the Wicked Sensation period was insane!!
As for the master on the BE, that's what I thought as well! but if there's one thing I learned from mixing/working with audio is to mix with the ears and not the eyes, sometimes we're just scared of doing something the "wrong way" (myself included).
Let's take Chris Lord Alge, one of my favorite mixing engineers. While the golden rule of many mixers is to apply very little eq boosts, he very often CRANKS up the eqs on his SSL desk like a crazy mofo... if it sounds good, it's good! also Randy Staub (another favorite of mine, worked on the Black Album, Motley's Dr. Feelgood and most recently Nickelback just to name a few) likes to add tons of low end in the overhead drum tracks, which is something most engineers stay away from...at the end of the day it's all about what sounds good no matter what it takes to get there! :)
So true! And after all, 80's were all about excess so there's nothing wrong with cranking the gain, the mids and everything else!!

That is soooo freakin' sweet. both the playing and the patch. I continue to be amazed by the caliber of players we have in this community. What an exciting time to be a guitarist :)

No words to say but awesome! Thanks a lot for this!!

I´ve made an Axe FX II patch based exactly on your printscreens and it´s f**ing great tone!!! If you don´t mind, I can post it here, to save other´s time. Just reduced reverb to 40% (and -3dB) as I play through a pair of mini rectifiers and 80% was a lot of reverb to me.

I´ve made an Axe FX II patch based exactly on your printscreens and it´s f**ing great tone!!! If you don´t mind, I can post it here, to save other´s time. Just reduced reverb to 40% (and -3dB) as I play through a pair of mini rectifiers and 80% was a lot of reverb to me.
That will be awesome if ProgressiveRocco will agree

thanks a lot guys!!

of course man go ahead!

53363578.jpg

Sounds awesome and awesome playing - I have downloaded your preset and mine sounds nothing like yours. Theres a TON of noise/static. Even with the volume on my guitar all the way down. When I switch to another preset, its quiet as can be. Any ideas of why this is happening?

Downloaded the patch - made no changes to it. Any ideas why theres so much hiss/noise in mine? And the tone is kind of lost in the amount of hiss there is. Its definitely coming from the amp block as I turned all the other blocks off to see if I could find the issue. Still can't seem to figure it out.

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom