Fixed FWQ10 - CS1 assigned to Saturation does not work

MusicMaker

Hi All,

Just updated to Q10 on my AX8, initial impressions are good but I think I've found an issue.

The preset attached has CS1 assigned to the Saturation switch to toggle between Off - Ideal. I can see in AX8-Edit that it is toggling the setting but the sounds doesn't change. Go and disable the CS1 assignment and click the Saturation to Ideal and it works fine. Reassign to CS1 and it doesn't change sound.

Can anyone else confirm? CS1 assigned to other things (like Boost) works as expected.

Thanks,
~ Bill

Attachments

• BH Match30.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
I've been able to make the CS work for a single instance, either from IDEAL to OFF or vice-versa by trying different combinations of the Min/Max settings and the position of the switch in the Amp block but it's not consistent.

I reverted back to firmware 9.03 to check and CS1 worked as it should with the Saturation switch modifier. Reloaded version 10.0, refreshed after new firmware and still the same issue.

Switching the title to Confirmed since someone besides me is seeing this as well.

I had some more time to test this and found the following, all starting from a blank preset with an amp and cabinet only:
  • Manually togging Saturation between Off/Auth/Ideal in AX8-Edit or front screen of AX8 works as expected
  • adding either CS1 or CS2 to control the saturation parameter does not work, even though AX8-Edit will show the button move from Off to Ideal
  • I tried the above with Auth instead of Ideal and noticed AX8-Edit still showing the button switch to Ideal instead. In either case though there was no sound change
  • CS1 will work as expected when attached to Boost for example, so far only confirmed the issue with the Saturation parameter
Willing to try any other tests to help troubleshoot, the good news is this seems pretty consistent so should be easy for others to reproduce.

Thanks,
~ Bill

Chiming in to say I've experienced the same problem.

It sounded like the volume increased when I pressed the CS1 footswitch, but the character of the sound did not change. As soon as I fiddled with the parameter, the volume stopped increasing, and began decreasing when I pressed CS1.

Also, when I press the footswitch assigned to CS1, the AX8 doesn't pause communications like it normally does. I don't remember if that was how it usually worked or not.

Also, when I press the footswitch assigned to CS1, the AX8 doesn't pause communications like it normally does. I don't remember if that was how it usually worked or not.
I believe the CS has always worked this way. A parameter that's tied to a CS cannot be adjusted in AX8 Edit without going into the modifier page so it makes sense to allow the use of a CS without interrupting AX8 Edit.

I am also experiencing this issue I have control switch attached to the saturation switch on my main patch and it no longer works :(

Anybody discover a quick work around for this in order to be able to use it in a live setting?
Only way I've found to switch the Saturation with the current issue is using the Amp's X/Y function. The 'Amp X/Y Toggle' in the Footswitch option list doesn't interrupt AX8 Edit and works like the control switch, no press and hold for X/Y.

Last edited:
I did try attaching a Scene Controller as well as an expression pedal to the modifier with the same results: The switch moves but no change in gain/tone.

If the Saturation switch is set to 'Off' in the amp's X state and to 'Ideal' in the Y state, it works as it should when switching between X and Y. I tested using both the 'Amp' and 'Amp X/Y Toggle' options in the Footswitch page.

I have the saturation switch and a volume boost linked to an external footswitch on every one of my presets and have been experiencing the same thing. Since I use two different amps on X/Y, I have not found any work around yet. Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this, I have hope that it will be fixed soon. :)

Hello, I have the same problem and I do not know how to solve it. I used CS just as you were assigned to the saturation drive function, and now it does not work. I feel like an uptade, but the lack of this feature makes it impossible for me.

Hi All,

Just updated to Q10 on my AX8, initial impressions are good but I think I've found an issue.

The preset attached has CS1 assigned to the Saturation switch to toggle between Off - Ideal. I can see in AX8-Edit that it is toggling the setting but the sounds doesn't change. Go and disable the CS1 assignment and click the Saturation to Ideal and it works fine. Reassign to CS1 and it doesn't change sound.

Can anyone else confirm? CS1 assigned to other things (like Boost) works as expected.

Thanks,
~ Bill
So can you describe how do you use this option on your presets and what is your thinking behind it?

Hello - I use it just as another piece of gain staging for my edge of breakup sounds. Typically will do that as firs stage toggled by a control switch, then a drive pedal or input boost as next stage.

Back
Top Bottom