FW19 Euro Uber and Cab Pack 9 crunchy riffage!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
I don't use Bogner amps or their amp models very often so I thought it was a good idea to make a demo featuring Bogner emulations!
I used the Euro Uber amp sim (FW19) in combination with Cab Pack 9 by ML Sound Lab.
Both the amp model and cab pack sound great and have a unique sound!
If you like your distortion to sound tight, aggressive and 'in your face' you should definitely try this combo out!
As always with ML Sound Lab cabs I like to use the Alloy files.
In this case I used a SM57-R121 IR for the main sound and SM57-MD421 for the quad-tracked guitars (those are not loud in the mix!).
What I like about this cab pack is that the tonality is quite broad.
There are quite bright files but also darker and 'fuller' IR's.
Quite versatile but present sounding!

I hope y'all enjoy!

This might be the best Bogner clip I've ever heard. Real or modeled. Thank you so much for posting this clip Jon! :)

Cab Pack 9 has that crunchy in your face thing going on that is impossible to get with other IRs. Listen to that clip but instead of listening to the guitars listen to everything else and notice how everything has its own place in a mix. Cab Pack 9 Euro IRs have focus frequencies at 500hz and 4khz both of which are areas that only guitars use as main frequencies. This is the Cab Pack for guitarists that want to make sure that guitars are heard all the time without sacrificing your snare, kick, overheads and bass sounds. Depending on your vocalist you may get some frequency overlap but not with female voices or male voices that sing at least a high chest voice. I've been meaning to shoot an ML Episode explaining this but this clip by Jon is an awesome example of what I'm talking about. I might do an in-a-mix comparison though just so the difference is more evident to everyone. :)

Thanks again Jon! Awesome clip! ;)

Wicked as always!

Care to give some insight on how you program your drums? They're always so spot on with the riff. That seems to be my weak point. I've always used drum loops, but now have ezDrummer2 and would like to be able to tailor my drums versus using canned stuff. PM if you'd prefer to keep this thread on the original topic.

Thanks guys!
Here is the main preset.
I used my Jim Root telecaster with EMG's.
Also In my daw I dipped a few DB's around 500-600 hz to fit the mix.
The IR was: CK Euro SM57-R121 F01

Attachments

• ML Uberschall 1_20150628_134515.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 38
Here's a clip with this exact patch and a PRS CE24:

Man it made me play something completely different straight away. :D

badass. i turned it up!

always impressed with these type of clips...i wish i could play this type of music, but it's so outside my "zone". absolutely massive sound, jon. colour me impressed!

nice job on the ir's too, superman! :)

Wicked as always!

Care to give some insight on how you program your drums? They're always so spot on with the riff. That seems to be my weak point. I've always used drum loops, but now have ezDrummer2 and would like to be able to tailor my drums versus using canned stuff. PM if you'd prefer to keep this thread on the original topic.

Sure man no problem!
I think the most important thing is to treat your drums just like you would your guitars, take time and don't just see them as backround instruments to back your guitars.
Pay attention to drums of your favorite records and listen to how those drummers play.
Also, when you are programming drums imagine yourself behind the drumkit, what kind of grooves would you play if you were a good drummer?
Make sure you don't make any fills or rhythms that are impossible to play.

Soundwise Steven Slate drums is a great place to start in my opinion.
Start with drum samplers with pre-mixed kits and focus on the parts first.
When all of that goes well start with mixing your own (raw) drum samples to make your own sounds.
If you know a drummer, ask if he or se comes to your studio one day to mess around with drum parts and samples, that can also help to give more insight.
I hope this helps man, if not let me know if you have any more questions.

Sure man no problem!
I think the most important thing is to treat your drums just like you would your guitars, take time and don't just see them as backround instruments to back your guitars.
Pay attention to drums of your favorite records and listen to how those drummers play.
Also, when you are programming drums imagine yourself behind the drumkit, what kind of grooves would you play if you were a good drummer?
Make sure you don't make any fills or rhythms that are impossible to play.

Soundwise Steven Slate drums is a great place to start in my opinion.
Start with drum samplers with pre-mixed kits and focus on the parts first.
When all of that goes well start with mixing your own (raw) drum samples to make your own sounds.
If you know a drummer, ask if he or se comes to your studio one day to mess around with drum parts and samples, that can also help to give more insight.
I hope this helps man, if not let me know if you have any more questions.

Yeah that's my advice also. You simply need to spend some time getting things right. Imagine a drummer asking you "How do I get a good guitar tone?". So many small details in there and there is no simple answer. :)

If we're talking about programmed drums then I haven't tried any of the Slate stuff myself (sadly) but I've been using Superior Drummer forever and I just started using EZDrummer 2. My advice would be to route everything out to their own tracks and treat them like real drums. Usually it's just volume balance and picking the right sounds. A lazy way to get good sounds is to use samples but finding/creating good samples is once again something that takes a long time. :)

I love cab pack 9 too! I seem to have found my favorite is the e906 B2. This cab is my favorite for crunchy raw punchy tones! I use it for my rhythm tones 90% of the time as well as leads. It works well with lots of styles from clean, breakup, and high gain. Great clip Jon, and killer mixing skills dude! You and Mikko have some of the best mixes I've ever heard!

I love cab pack 9 too! I seem to have found my favorite is the e906 B2. This cab is my favorite for crunchy raw punchy tones! I use it for my rhythm tones 90% of the time as well as leads. It works well with lots of styles from clean, breakup, and high gain. Great clip Jon, and killer mixing skills dude! You and Mikko have some of the best mixes I've ever heard!

You're so kind I'm starting to doubt how metal you are!!! :lol Just kidding! Thank you so much for the positive input. It never gets old you know. :)

Thanks Chris, I'm very happy to hear that!
I make these clips for you guys so it's heart warming to hear that people actually enjoy them!

Back
Top Bottom