FW19 and Cab Pack 13 Recto riff!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hi everybody,

I thought I'd make a quick demo of the new firmware's Recto amp paired with the new cab pack.
Listen here:

I think it sounds pretty awesome!
I used the IR's that Mikko recommended to start with (the SM57-MD421 02 and the SM57-R121 03).
What do you guys think?

Rock on!

Hi everybody,

I thought I'd make a quick demo of the new firmware's Recto amp paired with the new cab pack.
Listen here:

I think it sounds pretty awesome!
I used the IR's that Mikko recommended to start with (the SM57-MD421 02 and the SM57-R121 03).
What do you guys think?

Rock on!

What a groovy main riff! I dunno why but I got an Aerosmith vibe off of that. :D The clips speaks for itself right? Not really much to add to that. :)

Awesome job on both riffs and sounds!

Thanks everybody, or better yet thanks to Fractal and Mikko for providing the gearz!

i like the bass tone more than the guitars can you talk about that =?

The bass tone is a dual tone that I use for most of my rock stuff.
It features one tone for the low-end only and another one for the mid and high stuff with distortion and an Ownhammer IR (Orange cab with the Gov speaker).
I'll see if I can post some presets soon for you guys.

Jaw_Drop.gif

Thanks again fella's!
I'll post the presets as soon as I can, the problem is that we're remodeling our entire house now to make room for the baby that's coming.
This means that my studio will go to a (bigger :) ) room!
I won't have a lot of access to my daw until probably saturday evening.
When everything is up and running again I'll post the presets!

sweet riff!

So how did you put this down? Drums first, then riff over it? Or the riff then match a drum track to it? Something rough to riff over, then clean it up on a 2nd pass? I picked up EZdrummer and am trying to do something like this.

Last edited:
sweet riff!

So how did you put this down? Drums first, then riff over it? Or the riff then match a drum track to it? Something rough to riff over, then clean it up on a 2nd pass? I picked up EZdrummer and am trying to do something like this.

I kinda wrote the riff in my head, this is sometimes how I write riffs, sometimes when I'm like riding my bike (Holland...).
When I got to my daw I recorded one pass of the riff, kinda sloppy but just for the idea.
Then I put down the drums with SSD4 and the CLA expansion.
After the drums were done I started recording the guitars, 4 guitars in this case and then the bass.

I kinda wrote the riff in my head, this is sometimes how I write riffs, sometimes when I'm like riding my bike (Holland...).
When I got to my daw I recorded one pass of the riff, kinda sloppy but just for the idea.
Then I put down the drums with SSD4 and the CLA expansion.
After the drums were done I started recording the guitars, 4 guitars in this case and then the bass.

Thanks! Enjoyed listening to the EP.

Back
Top Bottom