FW19.01 Beta De-Phase Parameter

Thanks for the demo Mark! I'll be waiting for the official release since my time is very limited at the moment for playing. Def a big difference in tone, but I still prefer the tone of the IR with the setting at 0.00 :mrgreen

Good for that in your face feel, which is ALWAYS useful. Nice job Cliff, another tool for tones.

The De-Phase parameter will give better results when used with less extreme settings and with "phasier" ir's. I wanted to make sure everyone would notice the difference over YT :)

Mark

Seems like it smooths out the "harshness" of the distortion. I'm wondering if it would still cut through the band mix the same way.

Amp grind that helps cut through a mix is not the same as comb filtering.

I can cut a mix using a Marshall Plexi model into the Palmer DI IR. The Palmer IR's are basically smooth simple EQ curves.

Reactions: Rex
In the above clip, the original IR sounds pretty good to begin with.

If you really want to hear a radical example of what De-Phase can do, load up a horrible IR (at least for distorted guitar) such as F067: 4x10 Aluminum Bass (RW) using a high gain patch and copy X to Y. Set De-Phase to 0 in X and 10 in Y.

De-Phase is a crazy-powerful parameter. I have it set between 4.0 and 6.0 on just about everything.

De-Phase is a crazy-powerful parameter. I have it set between 4.0 and 6.0 on just about everything.

Cliff mentioned one of my least favourite words ... "latency" as being possible ... are you getting any? (as the actress said to the bishop)

Not latency. When you adjust the parameter, it's a bit sluggish to respond. But there's no discernible latency. Try it, and you'll see.

Wow add:s some kind of amp in the room vibe there definitely ,that is handy tool for some bright IR:s if you want add more lively vibe for tone. Definitely would be nice to hear what it does for some little bit darker IR ,that clip was nice tests somehow i like little bit more that De-Phase engage clip.

Thanks for this! After 10 pages I didn't get it, but now I'm picking up what you're putting down.
Seeing what you're spraying.
Smelling what you're stepping in.
4a5a97742173ad0d1d07991b53ddcfe5.250x191x18.gif

TBH, I'm not sure I liked the dephased setting 'better' it did sound different.... I must like close micced sounds. ;) Will be fun to play with in person.

Back
Top Bottom