Bug? FW18b - Possible Bug - COMP block [FIXED]

Deltodo

I was checking stock presets and I stopped on 126. Always liked it on previous FW versions but now it's just outstanding so I went to the layout and was surprised that the COMP block was placed after the CAB. Out of curiosity I just started noodling while changing settings in the COMP block and the AXE froze, crackling sound (and volume drop), blank display and about 10 seconds later it rebooted.

I turned off the Axe and fired it up again. Tried again: same result.
Tried once more but this time removing the block and adding it again. It immediately showed an excess CPU warning. I could go to the utility menu and saw the CPU usage was below 50%. This time I had to restart the Axe manually (I was able to change patch but I had a lot of crackling noise).

Tried tweaking the COMP block on other presets and the result is always the same, it freezes and restarts.

Just for the record, I have an AXE2 MKI.

If it's not a bug or it's already reported, please delete the thread as it will just lead to confusion.

Edit: Just noticed that if the COMP block is the first on the grid everything works as expected. Only found the problem placing the COMP block after the AMP and CAB.

Thanks for checking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed here !I checked this preset , and everything worked fine till I changed to pedal comp 2 ,then it locked up !

Can`t reproduce on FW18Beta7, MKI here. Neither on new or existing presets, neither before or after amp, neither of any of the COMP types.

Unit works as excpected.

PS: Unit worked standalone, no USB connection.

Know that, was looking to see if there was a new beta (3) with the comp bug fix posted as M@ said it was "identified & fixed". Sometimes the revisions get lost in the daily shuffle of the forum...

Gotcha. In the past though they haven't released small fixes like that as a new beta as quickly as they would if it was already in final production release. I'm guessing the bug will be fixed in the final release of 18; I don't think there will be another beta since Cliff said aside from G3'ing the rest of the amps that the FW is pretty much representative of the final.

Reactions: svl
Back
Top Bottom