FW18 "Unchained" EVH

Maybe I shouldn't have even posted this. Honestly it wasn't supposed or intended to be a tone match or a copy of the original tone. It doesn't sound like the original and I didn't mean for it to.

It was me dialing in a huge, heavy, badass fucking tone and playing a huge, heavy, badass fucking riff with a huge, heavy, badass fucking firmware update.

It's AWESOME Cooper. It needs to be here.

Man, I really hope you never went to a Van Halen show with this intense of an opinion about how the songs should be played outside the one version you know from the album ;-)

Lol.......Never did see them live. I heard enough about their live shows and saw enough youtube videos to ruin that for me. Ego's and alcohol!....

Hey Cooper, I was just giving you a hard time.

Maybe I shouldn't have even posted this. Honestly it wasn't supposed or intended to be a tone match or a copy of the original tone. It doesn't sound like the original and I didn't mean for it to.

It was me dialing in a huge, heavy, badass fucking tone and playing a huge, heavy, badass fucking riff with a huge, heavy, badass fucking firmware update.

Brother, it sounded great to me!!!

I don't get people sometimes.

edit, thanks Moke.

Lol.......Never did see them live. I heard enough about their live shows and saw enough youtube videos to ruin that for me. Ego's and alcohol!....

Hey Cooper, I was just giving you a hard time.

No, dude I know! Not offended at all! Just probably should not have posted it as an "unchained tone" when really it was just me playing unchained with a heavy tone.

Cooper Carter's contributions to the Fractal community are unquestionably huge. For those that couldn't tell, I was just fooling around. No disrespect intended.

Cooper got it

Cooper Carter's contributions to the Fractal community are unquestionably huge. For those that couldn't tell, I was just fooling around. No disrespect intended.

Cooper got it

thats what I thought. I have personally met you, and you are an awesome dude. Sarcasm, can really not translate on forums sometimes. I kind of freaked out a little bit, for some reason. I'm not old enough to be coopers dad, but I truly respect the guy, and for that matter, every regular on this forum. I always call it a family. To me it is.

I remember a couple years ago I waited until midnight to Watch Cooper play in some bar, really couldn't call it a bar, they weren't serving alcohol, during south by southwest. It was a great night. This was after meeting him at the axe-fest that same year. That's when I met you. Do you remember that room you were in, there were a lot of monitors in that room. Man it was loud.

You absolutely should have posted it, and i'm glad you did. It's a fat, nasty tone, and a tasty take on a fat, nasty song. I know Moke was only funnin' you, but there aren't enough smilies in the world to soften the way it was worded, so it came off wrong.

On another note, I love the way that phaser swirls through the tone. It's damn near perfect.

Oh...and firmware 18, too. It's a whole 'nother level of chewiness.

Hit the ground runnin', people.

I actually thought for a split second that the FW or the beta was posted with the tile and punned statement Cooper... boy did I feel like a dumb ass... only for a split second though. :mrgreen Just a bit of a slight tease though. Don't you think Cooper?

Clip sounds great regardless of the VH freaks.:encouragement:

thats what I thought. I have personally met you, and you are an awesome dude. Sarcasm, can really not translate on forums sometimes..............Do you remember that room you were in, there were a lot of monitors in that room. Man it was loud.

I sure do...I so missed not having an Axe-fest last October. I made the posts so over-the-top that I thought that it would be obvious I was just giving Cooper a hard time........My bad.....

I forget that sometimes people seriously act that way.

Personally I really dig this tone man - raw and meaty - I think it sounds better than the original from the VH clip below. A little tweaking and you'll have something insane there bro. :eek:

Personally I really dig this tone man - raw and meaty - I think it sounds better than the original from the VH clip below.

levipeto..................I'll let you take this one my "VH freak" brother..............;):lol:pride::eagerness::D:eagerness::encouragement:

I'm already in enough trouble today........I'm pretty funny in person, not so much on-line.;)

I got to go watch a friend of mine play the drums with AC/DC again on the Grammys.:eagerness:

Last edited:
No, dude I know! Not offended at all! Just probably should not have posted it as an "unchained tone" when really it was just me playing unchained with a heavy tone.

Well it did sound great, it's just that Eddie is such a huge influence on so many here (me included) that the 'cork sniffing' mode tends to get switched on by default whenever someone listens to a clip of someone playing one of his tunes. :)

F'ing rocked it out of the park Cooper - Who cares what those guys say. I notice all of their clips showing how it should have sounded. I for one would almost kill to play that song as well as you did in this clip.

Back
Top Bottom