FW18 "Unchained" EVH

Maybe I shouldn't have even posted this. Honestly it wasn't supposed or intended to be a tone match or a copy of the original tone. It doesn't sound like the original and I didn't mean for it to.

It was me dialing in a huge, heavy, badass fucking tone and playing a huge, heavy, badass fucking riff with a huge, heavy, badass fucking firmware update.

Sounds great to me. Wish you could post the preset for the non-XL.

If I were Coop, I'd be thinking to myself right about now, "I'll remember this when FW19 is rolling around the corner."

For those who said the original recording sounds brighter (more treble/presence):

Trust me, in studio, the guitar sounds way thicker than it is in the recording. Usually heavy low-cut is applied on the guitar track, AFTER the recording is made to leave room for the bass. Almost every guitar track, when isolated, sounds plain ugly (a.k.a. thin sounding, extremely bright), it only sounds good in the mix. I bet coop's tone would sound almost identical to VH's if he applied the same low-cut on this recording.

Great work.

OMGVANHALENFANBOISARECRAZYDIDISAYTHATOUTLOUD?SHIT.

Cooper and iaresee, y'all had me in tears cracking up... You guys rock, your tones are great and you do a lot for everyone on this forum. Most people don't realize that their Axe FX's are from your collaboration and hard work with other beta testers testing the firmware prior to release and I thank you for that. I'm sure there's a lot of fun involved in the beta testing as well given you're doing what you love :)

Back
Top Bottom