FW18 "Unchained" EVH

Man that's a hard clip to watch. So sad to see someone so talented brought down by the disease of alcoholism. I hope he's doing better these days.

Ed is playing his ass off again.......he played awesome all last tour. Got his shit together, thank God!

As for the VH clips in this thread......well....mom always said "if ya ain't got anything good to say"............

Just kidding guys!(sort of) LOL..............we VH freaks have heard every digital & tube amp clip everywhere so we're a tuff crowd!

You can be assured he still has a collection of Ferrari's.

So? In my book he's deserving of compassion if he has a problem with alcohol as it's a disease that can affect anyone. How much money or other material possessions he has is irrelevant to me.

Ed is playing his ass off again.......he played awesome all last tour. Got his shit together, thank God!

Great to hear, good for him.

So? In my book he's deserving of compassion if he has a problem with alcohol as it's a disease that can affect anyone. How much money or other material possessions he has is irrelevant to me.

That clip is from 2008.........Ed has long ago put that phase behind him.......he played his ass off on their latest release & also the last tour a couple years ago, so all is good!

Maybe I shouldn't have even posted this. Honestly it wasn't supposed or intended to be a tone match or a copy of the original tone. It doesn't sound like the original and I didn't mean for it to.

It was me dialing in a huge, heavy, badass fucking tone and playing a huge, heavy, badass fucking riff with a huge, heavy, badass fucking firmware update.

This Peasant liked it..
Keep em coming

^ So great to see, apart from sounding so much better he really seems like he's enjoying himself too. Keep rockin' Eddie!

I'll admit, after watching the first video I was like "Yes!! Now I finally sound like Eddie!!" Sadly, I do remember that particular tour and I feared that he wouldn't be around much longer if he kept that up. I'm so glad I was wrong. The second video had me smiling like a kid again and I am so glad to see Eddie healthy...looks like he's pumping iron too!!

But enough off topic. Cooper, your clip sounded great and these little bits you guys on the Beta team keep dropping have us all salivating for more.

Cooper, you are awesome as always! Thanks for showing us how G3 sounds, pretty amazing!!

Oky, I'll be the d*ck. Cooper, you're an amazing player you get some great sounds and I have used your vids for my own education. So, you f'n rule.

But... that tone was generally bad, IMHO. Wish you had just played something else; maybe it would have been easier to appreciate it on its own merits. But, for me, knowing the original tone so well, your recording sounds so muffled and "lifeless" that it was a bit disheartening. I've heard lots of FW17.x clips with better "big fat nasty" tones than that one (for my tastes)... so the only upside for me is that this helped my FW18 GAS a bit.

I don't think there is anything wrong with saying: I respect you and your efforts but I don't care much for this. If everyone just says "so awesome" just because we all appreciate Cooper and it's a FW18 clip, I don't see how Fractal will ever get realistic feedback.

Oky, I'll be the d*ck. Cooper, you're an amazing player you get some great sounds and I have used your vids for my own education. So, you f'n rule.

But... that tone was generally bad, IMHO. Wish you had just played something else; maybe it would have been easier to appreciate it on its own merits. But, for me, knowing the original tone so well, your recording sounds so muffled and "lifeless" that it was a bit disheartening. I've heard lots of FW17.x clips with better "big fat nasty" tones than that one (for my tastes)... so the only upside for me is that this helped my FW18 GAS a bit.

I don't think there is anything wrong with saying: I respect you and your efforts but I don't care much for this. If everyone just says "so awesome" just because we all appreciate Cooper and it's a FW18 clip, I don't see how Fractal will ever get realistic feedback.

See my subsequent posts. This has been covered.

Back
Top Bottom