FW18+PLEXI100=WOW!!! But CCV behind blankets?

guitardoc

Experienced
What happened to the PLEXI100 in FW18? There is such clarity and note separation. This one especially improved from the new magic sauce.

Many many thanks FAS!!!

However, some other amps sound muffled. The new crunchier and gainier CCVs sound like the speakers are behind thick woolen blankets. Is that just me?

When you select authentic on the sat switch you have to adjust the parameter from the front panel. It defaults to 10 which lowers the output. If you bring it down to 4 it will come back.

I noticed a bit of the blanket also, I auditioned the models in the ccv preset.
I adjusted output level with VU meters and it solved the problem

Didn't notice it sounding blanketed, but I did notice that it's much MUCH quieter than all the other amp models.

CCV sounds brytally fine to me. What ir are you using?

Used the on-board Pre-Rola GB UR. Set up a virgin preset with just amp and cab block and nothing else. First checked the 100W Plexi which sounds absolutely amazing now and then switched over to one of the gainier CCV. Pushed bypass twice to load the defaults of the CCV but the sound was far far away - almost like behind a thick curtain.

Strange... Will reload FW once I'm back home, maybe that solves it.

Used the on-board Pre-Rola GB UR. Set up a virgin preset with just amp and cab block and nothing else. First checked the 100W Plexi which sounds absolutely amazing now and then switched over to one of the gainier CCV. Pushed bypass twice to load the defaults of the CCV but the sound was far far away - almost like behind a thick curtain.

Strange... Will reload FW once I'm back home, maybe that solves it.

For 'blanketed' sounds my first thought is always "IR/Cab".

As per talus above, look at levels too. I've noticed the output of the amp model seems low by default to me as well.

I noticed they sounded muffled and quite low in volume with default settings (12 oclock bmt), but lower the bass, raise mids and treble and it sounds fantastic.

Don't use the stock preset. Dial it in from scratch.
I'm running the 4 models of the 2nd channel with totally default settings and the stock 5153 Mix UltraRes cab.

Back
Top Bottom