FW18 Plexi + Strat Preview

Is this also 'Ambience' reverb on your clips?

No. I think it was rec room a or rec room c. Just discovered those two this week.

NOTE: the clip was accidental output in mono! The sounds are even better in stereo because the reverb would bounce more realistic. Didn't save the recording our I would re-export it in stereo. Oh well

Dude, this sounds amazing. Thanks for posting!
I am flat excited for 18!

Could you give some insight as to the guitar you were playing, and the reverb you used? Anything else going on in there? Any DAW reverb or production, or is that all AXE? It sounds so clear and just HUGE!

'71 strat and Rec C Room I believe for the reverb. Recorded direct into Garageband on my mac with no other production. Wouldn't be much of a demo if I started compressing/eq/post production the clip :)

Last edited:
I'm mind-blown...

Can someone buy whole rack rig from me... like right now? Please, please, PLEASE :roll

Can't wait for the moment I'll get rid of it and buy an AFX2...

Thanks for posting these Tyler! Diggin the AC20. All sound great so far! Great playing as always :)

How about the Friedman HBE?

(now...keep in mind... I am NOT high gain player, so this isn't going to be a great demo next to the metal gods that reside on this forum, this is just my attempt at mimmickry ;)

This sounds awesome man really really good, One final request if you have time this week and knowing you are not a hi gain guy .can you do a recto orate/red just drop D top string to show the chug that kinda roar .

Thanks great clips man

How about the Friedman HBE?

(now...keep in mind... I am NOT high gain player, so this isn't going to be a great demo next to the metal gods that reside on this forum, this is just my attempt at mimmickry ;)
That G chord at 0:55 is amazing - it just snarls! Really looking forward to this release

...I have never played this amp or played this way so take that in consideration.

Put a ts808 in front, heard thats how guys play these amps like this. Recto 2 red modern:

This sounds awesome man really really good, One final request if you have time this week and knowing you are not a hi gain guy .can you do a recto orate/red just drop D top string to show the chug that kinda roar .

Thanks great clips man

Ha, I'm with you Tyler, I don't listen to that style, but man that really sounds like fun! Especially like that Friedman.

Thanks a bunch for the clips!!!!!

...I have never played this amp or played this way so take that in consideration.

Put a ts808 in front, heard thats how guys play these amps like this. Recto 2 red modern:

Thanks so much for stepping out of your comfort zone a bit ,thats exactly what i wanted to hear she a mean one for sure .
Appreciate it

I've never used the SDD drive before so I'm not 100% sure of the sound you are familar with, but I took a crack at it:

aaand...here is the AC20 without the SDD in front

Thanks Sir. I love it. My settings would be a little warmer, but not by much. the funny thing is, is that I would probably make a preset just like the one you made and then turn the tone on my strat down. Years back I would leave everything full up, not anymore. There's a lot of dynamics in those controls, especially on the Axe-fx. I have heard that using the volume knob on the guitar has improved, with 18. What's your thought?

I appreciate you doing this for me.

I can wait patiently , but not really.

Thanks for being you.

Last edited:
I think the volume knob has improved... but, Cab Pack 8 has raised my eyebrow on this subject. I'm starting to think the IR selection has a great deal to do with how the amps respond when turning the volume knob down. If you have a dark compressed messy IR, no matter Firmware from fractal is going to work with the volume knob.

Thanks Sir. I love it. My settings would be a little warmer, but not by much. the funny thing is, is that I would probably make a preset just like the one you made and then turn the tone on my strat down. Years back I would leave everything full up, not anymore. There's a lot of dynamics in those controls, especially on the Axe-fx. I have heard that the using the volume knob on the guitar has improved, with 18. What's your thought?

I appreciate you doing this for me.

I can wait patiently , but not really.

Thanks for being you.

I think the volume knob has improved... but, Cab Pack 8 has raised my eyebrow on this subject. I'm starting to think the IR selection has a great deal to do with how the amps respond when turning the volume knob down. If you have a dark compressed messy IR, no matter Firmware from fractal is going to work with the volume knob.

Interesting. Well all we all know the other half of the equation is the Ir , for sure. With G3 and the new cab lab, coming out shortly, we should be pretty much set.

you have satisfied all my unanswered questions, when it comes to the sound. Now we wait. I wait, you don't have to...;-)

Loved the demos, especially the Morgans!! What IR were you using for the Morgan clips? Really sounded stellar!

Back
Top Bottom