Fw18... news?

I'm amazed that no one has asked if the Legacy model will be updated.

Funny that you mentioned it. I was going to ask, but hoping it will get the same treatment as the other amps.
Being it is a lot cheaper then most amps already being shipped.

On a side note- Cliff, can you please make the Leggy model we have right now FAS Leggy? This amp sounds really good and I'd hate to see it go.

I have always assumed the FAS owner demographic was skewed to the older side relative to the general guitar player demographic; partially for that reason.

It seems like a pretty even split between older guys rocking vintage sounds, and younger guys djenting into oblivion.

Late to the show here, but I too have a Rockmod II and a Peavey Rockmaster preamps available...actually I have a music stores worth of gear that I don't use anymore due to owning the Axe-fx II :)

I know Cliff said there will be updated presets for FW18 but I wonder if they'll actually be released with the official first release or down the road. No matter what I can't wait.

I was hoping to have a release today but a couple of these amps took longer than planned. Maybe tomorrow but probably not. Tuesday and Wednesday we are going to the studio to shoot IRs so probably not either of those days. So I'd say maybe Thursday or Friday.

Excellent :) Right on time when I'll get home from hospital and have a few free days just for my guitar and my magic black box :)

I turn 42 tomorrow :C

I turn 42 tomorrow also, happy birthday to us. no sad face here though it will just be another crappy day of going to work wile my 17 year old is on spring break and can sit home and play guitar all week! and I also loose some axe time to the time change when it is lite longer have to work later!

I think that at times but then I remember saving up every penny for what seemed like forever for that $800 Roland GP-8 back in the late 80s. Here in the US adjusted for inflation that GP-8 would cost around $1700 today, not unthinkably far from the price of an Axe II. And I'm always utterly astounded at the bang-for-the-buck the II provides.

I had a GP-16. Pretty sweet unit actually. I got one because Alex Lifeson was using them at the time.

Twenty-three years later, I got an Axe FX II also because of Alex Lifeson (and Neal Schon).

60 this summer. And I swear, my consciousness is no different than when I was 12. Cool things bring me joy.

Ha! When I saw the post about 43 in a few I was thinking I turned 43 16 years ago. Glad to see I'm not the only geezer here. Oh yeah, still waiting on 18. :?

I've assumed that this forum was dominated by 20-somethings to 40-somethings. I'm glad to see that theres a generous supply of old guys like me who are still as passionate about guitar playing as we were when we were 12! I'm 61 and still playing out. And yes, loving 18b7.

Back
Top Bottom