FW18.12 to Quantum.. Any Suggestions on Tweaking?

ozanerkal

Inspired
Hi all,

I'm stuck at 18.12 because all my presets sound great.
I've tried to upgrade to 19 and Q1 when they came out, but it took less than a half hour for me to turn back to 18.12 every time.

I think it's mainly because of the Q3'd drive blocks. I use the 808 for most high gain presets, and in 19 and Q1 (which employ Q3'd drives) my presets that include drive blocks sound noisier. They have this constant hum when I'm not playing.

So far I must admit I haven't given it enough time to tweak to my pleasure, but that's because I don't know where to start from. Is it just a noise gate issue, or is it because some parameters on the drive blocks work differently than they used to.. or is it something else?

I hear you say "stay at 18 if you like it", well i'm already doing that, thank you, but i want to be able to use the latest effects blocks, increased cab memory, and latest axe-change presets etc...

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

For starters, reset your blocks, especially Drive, Amp and Cab , system reset . The drives are different after G3, more accurate , at the same setting as 18.12 the level especially will be different in some models.
I personally would probably start fresh and re build the presets!

Back
Top Bottom