FW17 Mid Gain Is So Sick

barhrecords

Axe-Master
The Plexi 50 High, like many of the amps in FW17, just jumps out of my monitors like my analog rig.

This is the amp in the room tone.

I am pushing lows and low mids here on purpose for a single guitar live show.

axefxfw17plexi50_zps49a8e3f4.jpg

axefxfw17plexi50cab_zps51ea8375.jpg

Sounds good . like the screen shots but go easy I found out the hard way you can only send 1 mb then your done unless you have some uploader info that I cant figure out.

Sounds good . like the screen shots but go easy I found out the hard way you can only send 1 mb then your done unless you have some uploader info that I cant figure out.

I link back to photobucket. I don't upload to the Fractal forum for images.

Sounds so organic! What guitar/ pups did you use for this?

It's my main Les Paul Custom.

It started out as a Gibson Custom Shop Historic 60's Les Paul Custom.

I've had it modded and setup by Joe Glaser's shop in Nashville, TN, USA.

- custom bone nut
- tone pro's Kluson tuners
- tone pro's nickel bridge reliced
- tone pro's nickel locking tailpiece reliced
- WCR American Steele pickups reliced
- Rewired to 50's style volume and tone circuit with a .015uf cap for the neck pup

These pickups are low output. It was a bit of a shock because the custom shop pups were wound hot!

But I have bonded with the lower output and find they are really a thing of beauty. Just as you said, very very organic!

It just takes some getting used to if the pups you are replacing were wound hot to begin with.

I am really loving the WCR's now!!!

It's my main Les Paul Custom.

It started out as a Gibson Custom Shop Historic 60's Les Paul Custom.

I've had it modded and setup by Joe Glaser's shop in Nashville, TN, USA.

- custom bone nut
- tone pro's Kluson tuners
- tone pro's nickel bridge reliced
- tone pro's nickel locking tailpiece reliced
- WCR American Steele pickups reliced
- Rewired to 50's style volume and tone circuit with a .015uf cap for the neck pup

These pickups are low output. It was a bit of a shock because the custom shop pups were wound hot!

But I have bonded with the lower output and find they are really a thing of beauty. Just as you said, very very organic!

It just takes some getting used to if the pups you are replacing were wound hot to begin with.

I am really loving the WCR's now!!!

Thanks for the detailed description. I guess I'll do some research for these pickups. I didn't even know they exist.

Back
Top Bottom