FW17 meters?

Dimebucker

Experienced
I was read that FW17 have now Vu-meters ,and some other values for Output level knobs also. Can someone who have now that FW17 for Axe FX II check one thing ,and thing is are there somewhere some digital numbers or values for Output levels now.

And if there is do those Output 1 and 2 knobs front of unit affect those meters now ,are there some digital numbers which will change values if you move those Output 1 or 2 knobs front of unit? Where you can see what digital value you have for Output 1 or 2 knobs.

I've bolded the relevant information...

Added VU meters to Utility menu. The meters show the relative loudness of the channels. These readouts can be used to help set preset levels to the same apparent volume. For convenience the level of the Amp blocks can be set from this page. Also, the value of the Output Level knobs is displayed in this page for reference (note that this is only for reference and does not affect the VU meters as the measurement is prior to the Output Level potentiometers).

Nice to see that post thanks ,but i would want to know little bit more how its works. If you move Output 1 or 2 knobs front of unit ,what there will happening exactly.

Is there some digital values/numbers for those Output knobs now ,and when you move Output knobs front of unit you can see digital numbers/values is moving there? Or is there only some Output meter bars where you can see your signal ,without any numbers in your display?

I've bolded the relevant information...

Added VU meters to Utility menu. The meters show the relative loudness of the channels. These readouts can be used to help set preset levels to the same apparent volume. For convenience the level of the Amp blocks can be set from this page. Also, the value of the Output Level knobs is displayed in this page for reference (note that this is only for reference and does not affect the VU meters as the measurement is prior to the Output Level potentiometers).

If someone could and have some extra time ,please do some video for those sliders and VU-meters. And my request would be to see when you are rocking Output 1 and 2 knobs front of unit ,would be nice to see same time what is happening in Axe FX II display.

But remember this if you have some recording process going on ,and you dont want loose any of your tone quality do not move those knobs. Its extreme hard to get those back where those was before ,but if there is that Output 1 and 2 digital values/numbers feature now in display then there are no problem.

You check then what number/value that Output knob have right now ,and set that number/value back where it was before you did move that Output knob.

If someone could and have some extra time ,please do some video for those sliders and VU-meters. And my request would be to see when you are rocking Output 1 and 2 knobs front of unit ,would be nice to see same time what is happening in Axe FX II display.

But remember this if you have some recording process going on ,and you dont want loose any of your tone quality do not move those knobs. Its extreme hard to get those back where those was before ,but if there is that Output 1 and 2 digital values/numbers feature now in display then there are no problem.

You check then what number/value that Output knob have right now ,and set that number/value back where it was before you did move that Output knob.

You have a great point here. I thought I was alone in wishing those output knobs could instead be controlled digitally. I was literally thinking of putting a white dot on the Axe for an exact point of reference, but if we can actually see a digital number of what the knob is set at, we can now get it back to that exact value if the button gets bumped.

I understand that this probably means nothing to the average user of the Axe FX who is jamming in a garage or even playing live on stage. But for those of us who use it as a recording tool, having those outputs set precisely is incredibly important especially when recording multiple sessions.

Better yet, give us the option to override the physical controls completely and set the outputs digitally within an on-screen menu! Not sure if the physical hardware would allow for this, but the digital readout of the knob setting is a no-brainer!

Thank you Cliff and FAS for this much needed addition.

https://vimeo.com/113560206
Here's a quick Video..

Thanks so much ,those meters looks very nice. I see there is below of display now some Output 1 and 2 and % values. That is what i need to know if you can please take camera back a little bit ,that i can see those Output 1 and 2 knobs front of unit and also that menu display.

And then you do not need to play there ,you only move Output 1 or Output 2 knobs what are front of unit back and forth. And then we see will those Out1 and Out2 % values moving there ,and reacting same time in real time when you are rocking those back and forth.

But remember that what i was told early in thise topic ,do not move those if you are recording something and you dont want loose your tone.

Thanks so much damn its seems to be working finally ,hard to believe that feature is there now. I must say i was get some cold shivers for waiting to see ,what there will be happening in display. That feature have been request in Axe FX Ultra Era ,it was take some times to put that feature there. But i must say wow finally that feature is there damn.

Thanks so much damn its seems to be working finally ,hard to believe that feature is there now. I must say i was get some cold shivers for waiting to see ,what there will be happening in display. That feature have been request in Axe FX Ultra Era ,it was take some times to put that feature there. But i must say wow finally that feature is there damn.

Yep so cool !!!! Your welcome .. Now Rock It!!!!!

I`m interested to know now can Axe FX II remember those Output levels % values ,when you have shutting Axe FX II off and you chance Output knobs positions when Axe FX II was off. And then you put Axe FX II power back on ,will that Axe FX II remember that NEW % value for Output levels?

I`m interested to know now can Axe FX II remember those Output levels % values ,when you have shutting Axe FX II off and you chance Output knobs positions when Axe FX II was off. And then you put Axe FX II power back on ,will that Axe FX II remember that NEW % value for Output levels?

No it does not. All you have to do is remember the Percentage and Dial it bak in. It's great !!!

Back
Top Bottom