FW17 1959SLP Marshall Rich Harmonic Content

barhrecords

Axe-Master
The amp models in FW17 have such a great rich harmonic content.

I find it easier than ever to dial in preset that sounds just like playing my analog rig in the room.

Ridiculous realism.

The end of the clip trails off into perfect feedback just like my analog rig.

The preset is really pretty simple too. Check out the amp settings:

axefxfw171959slp_zpsffbbf713.jpg

Attachments

• 1959SLP barh.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
good job courious though why a drive block? I always try to go full amp.

No special reason for the drive. I always use two drives in my analog rig and I was just revisiting all the Fractal drives in FW17 for shits and giggles :)

Every time a new major firmware is released, I like to do a mental reset (forget about my previous tweaks) and go back to revisit things. For what I do, I usually find some great stuff that I might have not liked or tried before.

I am finding with the new up dates I am going to simple chains amp cab reverb delay. hate to cover all that up with flange or what ever. they even make me play some clean tones never did that in the 80's.

I was trying to dial in something I could use with this amps yesterday, which cab block are you using here and which OD.
this sound would work for my needs

I was trying to dial in something I could use with this amps yesterday, which cab block are you using here and which OD.

I know you were not asking me but factory cab 149 4x12 mar-cb v30-ch mix (oh) is my goto for plexi Factory cabs that is.still trying to find my goto for the 2 newest cab packs.

Preset added to first post.

Eternal Love drive
Prerola and Beatle UR cabs in stereo.

Delay is mono so I put it before the cab. The delay is my last mono block.

Nice. Looks a lot like my typical presets now. I recommend putting the delay after the cab though. If the cab is mono you'll lose the stereo from the delay.

if you fancy tweaking it a bit more try this - bypass the drive block. put the amp normal drive on 7. set bass, mid, treb and pres all to 10. change the beatles cab for the tv mix (F131). remove both mics from the cab block. now that's what i would call harmonically rich :) i though it sounded a bit "dull" on the top end, so i had a mess around with it....

i also found the delay a bit odd...a very high modulation depth with a very slow rate...perhaps try the other way round, with the rate set to about 4hz and the depth set to about 30%...it's a bit "richer" sounding without the obvious detuning...

Last edited:
Nice. Looks a lot like my typical presets now. I recommend putting the delay after the cab though. If the cab is mono you'll lose the stereo from the delay.

My usual preset would be a stereo cab and all stereo efx after the cab.

But I went for a mono delay here and put it before the cab.

@simeon, the modulation on the delay is on purpose. I wanted a vocal quality to the delay repeats and made it wobble on purpose :)

Back
Top Bottom