Fw17-04 Blues test - Reach for the peach..

Horganovski

Experienced
Reach for the peach! A little blues noodle with the latest and greatest firmware update for the Axe FX II. The question 'does it sound like a real amp' is just silly at this stage, it should be 'can you get a sound this punchy and responsive from a real amp?' This was recorded straight out of the XLR outs to a digital dictaphone with no post processing apart from trimming and fading. It gets a bit noodly and sloppy here and there but hey I was having fun..:D

Many thanks guys! The clean tones (well the 'just on the edge of breakup' tones to be accurate :) ) are the 65 Bassman model, I played the chords into the Axe Looper and then played over that with the same tone at the start, then towards the end I hit the Amp X/Y switch I have set up on my MFC which switched to the AFS 1 model, my current favorite Marshall-type model. I didn't use any drive blocks, all the gain is from that amp.
The cab I used is the stock Factory 36 on the XL, a 4x12 Basketweave.

The guitar I used is a YJM Strat, the most recent one with the Semour Duncan pickups, I used the neck P/U for the entire piece.

Last edited:
Very nice tones and tasty playing - thanks for sharing that. Like 'jamn4jc' I'm interested to know which amp / cab and drive(s) you used for that lead tone. I especially like the vocal tone quality of the initial lead tone i.e. before the drive kicked in.

Thanks!, yeah I really like that amp model. The pickups in my Strat are a little hotter than standard Strat pickups (technically they are stacked humbuckers) but not by too much so I find they work great for this kind of tone. I just back the volume off a little if I want it completely clean but my preference is for a little grit to the tone when I dig in most of the time.

I'll try and make some time to make a variation of the patch and upload it. The reason I'd do that is that I use a pretty atypical pedal setup with 4 expression pedals and if you try it without those hooked up the same way I have you get almost no volume out of the patch, I know because I've tried it :)

It's also quite specific to the guitar I'm using (YJM signature Strat which has stacked humbuckers that look like single coils), if I plug my PRS in the tone is ok but the top end response is totally different.

How about just give a general idea of what you're doing. Basic tonestack settings, cab etc...

thanks!

I did, read post #6. There's nothing that unusual about the tone settings, they are using the default tone stacks for the amp mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom