*fw17.03* RACER X - Motor Man cover [w/ patch]

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
hey guys! new cover! having some fun with fw17.03 ;) this is the first video with my 1996 Ibanez RG 620 BM SOL, this particular model was made as a super limited run for Europe (50 pieces), with the three way toggle - JPM style configuration - instead of the usual 5 blade switch, and features a stunning burl mahogany top! sounds and feels amazing!

here's the patch (only thing I've added in post is a tiny bit of micro pitch shift using the UltraChannel plugin by Eventide)

Attachments

• Rocco's Racer X.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 196
Nice job, man! I bet you didn't just sit down & figure that out in one 5-minute sitting. :eagerness:

Good technique, dexterity and tone. Looks like a pretty nice playing axe, too. The neck setup looks incredible.

glad you like it guys! :)

Nice job, man! I bet you didn't just sit down & figure that out in one 5-minute sitting. :eagerness:

Good technique, dexterity and tone. Looks like a pretty nice playing axe, too. The neck setup looks incredible.

thanks dude! gotta love late 80s/90s Ibanez necks, super flat with nice tall frets! these beasts are just built for shred! and yeah, it's pretty hard, especially the solo :) after trying to get it note for note I quit haha I improvised a bit, those fast runs are just impossibile to play with the same accuracy and prowess Gilbert has..he's an alien. And he was 18 when this stuff came out back in the 80s..mindblowing

Holy mother of How. The. Hell. did you do that?!

Awesome!

(...and totally serious here. When can we buy your album?)

edit: Just found your bandcamp link. Very cool.

Last edited:
I had to sell my Axe for school a while back but I still check the recordings section specifically for your videos! Never a disappointment.

Outstanding Rocco! I also agree about those Ibanez necks back then, there was just something special about them. Amazingly I haven't added one to my arsenal yet.......hmmmmm, I think I'll go window shopping on the bay now to see whats out there.

....and yeah, it's pretty hard, especially the solo :) after trying to get it note for note I quit haha I improvised a bit, those fast runs are just impossibile to play with the same accuracy and prowess Gilbert has..he's an alien. And he was 18 when this stuff came out back in the 80s..mindblowing

I may have mentioned it on the forums before (forgive me if I have) but I had a chance to sit down with him the year he graduated from GIT. He was hanging out in one of the rehearsal rooms on a Friday. On Fridays GIT teachers as well as guests musicians would occupy those rehearsal rooms and allow anyone to come in and chat, jam, observe, whatever.

I just happen to be the first one down the hall that day and heard someone play some Van Halen'sh stuff. So I peaked in. Long story short, I sat down in front of him with my guitar in hand. I had no clue who he was just knew that I liked what I heard.

After a short VH chat he asked what I wanted to work on. I told him I liked what I heard coming down the hall so just play more. I don't think I've ever been completely speechless in my life except that one time. Blown away. Luckily other people started coming in at that time so I didn't have to speak.

Awesome job on the tune!

Back
Top Bottom