FW15 Flanger and Chorus

Jbmetal

Inspired
Unfortunately, I'm working right now and won't be able to get to my baby for quite a while. I was wondering what people think about the improvements Cliff mentioned with the FW release. I've always felt they were both a little subpar, so I'd be really interested to hear what you all have to say!:encouragement:

Yes would like to know what exactly is improved/changed. I think both can be improved and simplified a lot. Haven't updated yet.

With auto depth off delay excursion is still 10ms

I just tried your excellent Electric Mistress Matrix block, which used to sound (almost) spot on to my real '79 Mistress... it's very different now. seems to have lost that metallic resonance.
some of my Flanger sounds seem to be less affected, but also your CE-1 emulations don't really do it for me any longer. not sure what's changed in the Flanger block and if it's any more useable than before...

I just tried your excellent Electric Mistress Matrix block, which used to sound (almost) spot on to my real '79 Mistress... it's very different now. seems to have lost that metallic resonance.
some of my Flanger sounds seem to be less affected, but also your CE-1 emulations don't really do it for me any longer. not sure what's changed in the Flanger block and if it's any more useable than before...

Hmmm thats not good, I'll have to check out what happened there. It is probably feedback related.

Hmmm thats not good, I'll have to check out what happened there. It is probably feedback related.

that was my first thought as well, but adjusting Feedback didn't really help straight away.
the CE-1 emulation now almost sounds like there's some through-zero flanging going on, whereas before it was very close to a CE-1...
like I said, some of my other settings translated a bit better though.

Personally, I'm not concerned at all about the present state of the effects. With the new multi effects pedal board coming out, there will have to be much more detail focused on the effects. That will bleed over to the AXE FX, and with the already best amp modeler on the planet, it will be perfect. IMHO ...

Personally, I'm not concerned at all about the present state of the effects. With the new multi effects pedal board coming out, there will have to be much more detail focused on the effects. That will bleed over to the AXE FX, and with the already best amp modeler on the planet, it will be perfect. IMHO ...

That is what I think also. I think there will be a huge focus on effects now instead of amp modeling.

Did you ever get a chance to rework this block for FW 15.02? Andy Summers was a major inspiration for me in The Police's era and I've always wanted to have that sound...

I noticed also with the phaser block that you can't get a very dominant effect anymore, even with a high mix. Specially with the uni-vibe mode.

Very frustrating!

Helio

I noticed also with the phaser block that you can't get a very dominant effect anymore, even with a high mix. Specially with the uni-vibe mode.

Very frustrating!

Helio

The Uni-Vibe hasn't changed in, well, pretty much forever. For the maximum effect you want the mix at 50%. Refer to the manual for more information.

Love the chorus. Can't always get the Vibe sound I really want, but sometimes I can just about nail it.

Now, the flanger; well... I'm really getting there... most of the time.

Here's something I figured out.: Part of what makes the flanger effect sound the way it should is more prominent when the mix is at 50% (which it should typically be). But... to make the overall effect come through, the mix needs to be at 100% (so no dry guitar signal).

I still feel that something is distinctly different between the way the effect in the flanger block works and the way a good pedal interacts in the signal chain with an amp/cab. I could not begin to tell you what that really is though (the technical side of it), but it's almost as if there is one more parameter needed. Again, I don't know what that could be, exactly, but I think has something to do with the internal mixing of the signal at 50% and the overall output mix of the effect block, with the ability to have 100% percent wet output if desired.

Back
Top Bottom