fw15.03 | Friedman BE Classic Rock Crunch [w/patch]

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
here we go again. hey dudes :D
I just can't get enough of this new firmware, in the last couple of days I tried to come up with that classic rock crunch we all love, talking about AC/DC type stuff, with maybe a little more gain..the riff you're hearing in the clip is from the song "Black Shuck", by The Darkness (I LOVED Permission To Land when it came out back in 2003)..thought about doing an isolated guitar track first and then a full mix with bass and drums (all played/programmed by me) just to let you hear the patch in context! the cab I used is the trusty OH_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_Studio-Modern.syx

CRANK IT UP 8)

PATCH: Axe-Change - Download Preset - BE100 Classic Rock Crunch - by RoccoPezzin

Wow.....what a sound.....incredible sound... i'm tonight at a session ... i look forward to kick everybodys ass with this......:devilish:

Thanks for sharing, you allways welcome if you post patches - by the way, how does the Chapman guitars compare to the "Vintage" guitars? they're also english guitars made in Korea, but i dont like them so much.......and about the same level of price.....

Thanks for sharing, you allways welcome if you post patches - by the way, how does the Chapman guitars compare to the "Vintage" guitars? they're also english guitars made in Korea, but i dont like them so much.......and about the same level of price.....

thank you! I have no experience with Vintage guitars, but I can tell you for sure that Chapmans are a great bang for the buck, awesome quality and sound, plus the whole collaborative design thing that really sets them apart from any other company out there..AND they're also cheaper cause they cut down on distributors

You've got the exact same taste in tone as me. I was messing with a Plexi patch the other day and hit one a similar tone and next thing I know I was working the same song out. :) Not a huge Darkness fan, but they've got a few songs that I love, but more importantly the tone is just outstanding. It's one of those where if that was all I had to work with I'd be fine with it.

Very great similar acdc sound,
Need to check it when i coming next week at home
Did you apply others effects in your guitar tracks in the mix of your daw?
Others than hard pan of course

Last edited:
You've got the exact same taste in tone as me. I was messing with a Plexi patch the other day and hit one a similar tone and next thing I know I was working the same song out. :) Not a huge Darkness fan, but they've got a few songs that I love, but more importantly the tone is just outstanding. It's one of those where if that was all I had to work with I'd be fine with it.

thanks dude! yeah their tones were always stellar, especially on the first album! just a les paul into a cranked marshall still seems to do the trick :)

Last edited:
Very great similar acdc sound,
Need to check it comind next week at home
Did you apply others effects in your guitar tracks in the mix of your daw?
Others than hard pan of course

the only thing I added is a touch of Lexicon plate reverb on the guitars, something like 5% just to glue them together in the mix..the main reverb you're hearing is coming from the axe fx though

Back
Top Bottom