FW13.02 DAS Metall HeaVy CRAP!!!!!

jalonhall

Inspired
Hey guys:

Here is a clip of some stuff my friend and I are working on. Guitars are DAS Metall with stereo cabs (4x12German/4x12 Citrus V30). I'm really diggin' FW13! I haven't properly tried out the Ultra-Res cabs yet but things are sounding better than ever even without them IMO. Check this stuff and let me know what you guys think!

Thanks….Jalon

https://soundcloud.com/jalonhall/jalon-nates-axe-fx-ii-fw13-02

nice! dude... get the UltraRes cab on there stat! It's the biggest improvement you will make IMHO. :)

Thanks dude! I will definitely be checking out the UltraRes cabs ASAP. I tinkered around with them on some clean and mid gain patches and they sound HUUUGE. I'm gonna pick up the pack for $99 and definitely incorporate them into my high gain patches. Btw… which UltraRes cab(s) do you like for higher gain tones?

Thanks dude! I will definitely be checking out the UltraRes cabs ASAP. I tinkered around with them on some clean and mid gain patches and they sound HUUUGE. I'm gonna pick up the pack for $99 and definitely incorporate them into my high gain patches. Btw… which UltraRes cab(s) do you like for higher gain tones?

This one is my fave:
OH_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_Studio-Modern

:)

Make sure you set the cab block to UltraRes mode before selecting ultra-res cabs :)

Killer tone so far!!

Thanks dude! Yea I actually got around to trying out some of the UltraRes cabs today and with all of my other settings as they are, they do not sound good at all:/ like not even close to the flavor that I'm going for. I ALWAYS have the 4x12 German cab in my high gain patches and, depending on which amp model I'm using, I'll either accompany that with either OH SLM v30 or the 4x12 Citrus v30. If I use the German and SLM I go with a 58 mic on the German and an R121 on the SLM. For the German/Citrus I use an 87A on the German and a 61 on the Citrus. I just don't think any of the 10 stock UltraRes models have any of the distinct characteristics that those cabs have based on what I've heard. But by all means...if there is an UltraRes cab that can get close to that sort of voicing please let me know:)

Sounds good in the mix, mainly in sustained chords, and god awful alone, especially when crunching and single-panned.

Love the bass tone. Round and toneful, almost like a synth pad tone.

Sounds good in the mix, mainly in sustained chords, and god awful alone, especially when crunching and single-panned.

Love the bass tone. Round and toneful, almost like a synth pad tone.

Thanks for the feedback man. And yea this was quickly thrown together... we basically recorded it while we were creating it haha. And yea the tones get a little weird when they are separate but they blend together well. As for the bass tone... it is a slightly tweaked version of Drewsif Stalin's bass patch that he uploaded to axechange with some pretty heavy post EQ cuts and boosts, Slate VTM, and Waves Bass Rider.

which UltraRes cab(s) do you like for higher gain tones?

I'm really digging the hack one with "sneap" in the name. It's floating around here somewhere. CK's "Gift" is exactly that, as is his one with the 57 on a recto cab IIRC, both are can't-miss and FREE right here.

I really like this, sounds awesome!!

What/how did you get the fade effect at around 0:13 to 0:17 secs?

I really like this, sounds awesome!!

What/how did you get the fade effect at around 0:13 to 0:17 secs?

Hey dude... just now seeing this. Thanks! I actually just created an Automation Clip in my DAW and dropped in a highpass filter. Then I just clicked in and automated the frequency sweep progressively from the start of the clip to the end of the clip. Depending on your DAW, there should be like a "show automation" option somewhere for each track. You just open that up and drag in whatever effect you like and then you can automate it and make it do crazy stuff haha. That's how I do it anyway:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom