FW12 Friedman HBE ***Sunset Strip*** (Ratt/Motley/Dokken/Skid Row…)/w/PATCH!

Very nice Rocco. When I audition this preset I am getting some weird static in the background when I play. I don't think it is my head phone as it is happening ta low volumes too. The AXFX dosen't appear to be clipping. Anyone else having this issue??

mmh that sounds strange…still having this problem?really have no idea what it could be

Very nice Rocco. When I audition this preset I am getting some weird static in the background when I play. I don't think it is my head phone as it is happening ta low volumes too. The AXFX dosen't appear to be clipping. Anyone else having this issue??

mmh that sounds strange…still having this problem?really have no idea what it could be

I was having a lot of problems with the patch being excessively noisy too, then I saw that there was an active Compressor block at the beginning of the signal chain. I turned it off and the noise was gone.

I bet you anything (not really ;)) that is the problem - Just turn the Compressor off and all should be good. :)

I was having a lot of problems with the patch being excessively noisy too, then I saw that there was an active Compressor block at the beginning of the signal chain. I turned it off and the noise was gone.

I bet you anything (not really ;)) that is the problem - Just turn the Compressor off and all should be good. :)

I did get rid of the compressor but it was still there in the background. Not as much. The compressor is just amplifiying it. But you are right. Taking the compressor out does help it alot but it's still there. I will post a clip later.

Puts the R in My Rush

Hello Rocco, Thanks for the Awesome Sounding Patch you shared. It has quickly become my favorite Patch.
I tip my hat to your ability to tweak out such a patch! I am still running FW11 but the patch is still killer sounding!!!

Keep on Rockin! :encouragement::encouragement:

Killer stuff man !

Listening to this made my hair instantly grow longer, fuller and all curly and my jeans suddenly felt a bit like leather pants :)
When I get my son to bed tonight, I think I'll have a party all by myself playing 80's stuff ......now where did I put my EB MM Axis ????

Really nice Rocco,
The compressor is on "active" when I load this patch. Was it on for your video ?

Thanks !!

Ps I also had some squeeling....

Really nice Rocco,
The compressor is on "active" when I load this patch. Was it on for your video ?

Thanks !!

Ps I also had some squeeling....

yep it was active both on the soundcloud clip and the video! I really have no idea why you guys get that noise with it engaged

I'm not getting any noise here, it sounds great on my machine, and when
I disable the cab sim it even sounds great 'as is" going into my power amp and recto 2X12.
I usually have to do some EQ work for that scenario but this one is ready to roll right out of the box :)
One of my new "favs"
Playing some Cacophony "Concerto" with it right now and is sounding pretty freaking great (except for my actual playing LOL )

May I ask why some use a compressor at the beginning of heavy patches, I would never think of that .
Thank you.

I don't always use comp on my hi-gain patches, I just think in this case it gave more snap to the high string notes and evens out any inconsistency across the strings when you palm-mute them!

Using a compressor on high gain patches was suggested here.
It does increase the feel of high gain patches without adding noise when you stop (what would happen with a hard wired setup)
I dig that the compressor doesn't add noise in the AF2

I get those high noises if I use this patch on my Les Paul with Burstbucker Pro's, so I turn off the bright switch and turn the treble up some, but on my other guitars with Dimarzio AT1, Dactivator, or Duncan Custom '78 and Hot Rails I don't, so it may be the pickups with the brightness/volume and closeness you are to the speakers.

Love the sound and of course your playing. Thanks for including the patch. Downloaded and cant wait to give her a try.

Cheers,

Lee

Just saved the video to my hard drive for further study. I like your rendition of the solo much better than mine. Great job!

Back
Top Bottom