Bug? Fw11beta bug? (solved)

ezvictor

Inspired
Re-Posted this from the discussion forum.

New axe 2 owner here. Longtime axe std owner

I recieved my axe 2 recently with fw10.11 on board. I updated to 11beta and all was well except I couldn't use the "unlink all global blocks" function on each preset. If I were to try to use "unlink all.." function the axe would lock up and require reset. I used a great deal of global blocks in the construction of my first presets so this was troubling but not a deal breaker. I went on about my business being happy with my new toy and thoroughly enjoying fw11b until yesterday. I booted up and everything was fine until I changed presets and then I would get a blank Axe fx screen and the mfc would simply tell me which button I had just pressed. The mfc would then state "name time out". I tried a few resets but the problem persisted. Reset and the same exact thing would happen. This would occur using both the front panel and mfc to navigate through presets. I reset to factory settings, but that didn't do anything for my problem. I ended up reloading FW10.11 (using the fractal bot btw) from the website, and reloaded the factory presets from the internal flash. Back to square one. I really miss fw11b but I'm afraid I can't bring myself to reload a beta version again. I really like the sounds I was getting with 11b, and I thoroughly enjoyed the new (CUT) parameter on the amp block. Any advice? Can anyone tell me what happened based on what I have said?(speculation is ok) Is my axe sick and in need of factory assistance or did I encounter a fw11 bug? What should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom