FW11 IIC+ vs Mark V-IIC+ - Not getting good results (Solved)

Evidence? Just some experimenting going on. Learning as we go, so to speak.

Each amp sound different. Axe is consistent. Of course... Depends on the player.

Hey everyone, Cliff sent me a version of the FW with an updated IIC+ model, and it's night and day. Sonically it's extremely close, and feel wise it's great too. I recorded the amp first, and then matched up the knobs on the model along with the 5 band EQ. I didn't even use the Tone Match, as it was this close already. I do feel like I could get even closer to the model with a bit of tweaking (still adjusting to the new 5 band EQ in the amp block, as the min/max values are a bit different).

Pardon the slop playing haha, I rushed to do this before a I had to teach a lesson:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95rzl732uh5xvg8/MesaSlave-AxeTweaked.wav

EDIT:

I had the Amp in total isolation as well. Slave out of amp into Rear input of Axe FX, into the Recto V30 OH cab and one of the marshall cabs from the new ownhammer set.

For those who are interested:

To match a Mark V on the IIC+ mode (once V11.01 is released):
1. Select the appropriate USA IIC+ Norm or Bright model (based on the Mark V switch).
2. Set Overdrive to about 8.0
3. Turn on Fat and Bright Switches.
4. You may need to fine-tune the Presence slightly as the presence network is very sensitive to the taper of the pot. I had to set Presence to 5.59 to match the Mark V presence at noon.

I thought you were having a problem through your power amp -> cab?
this clip is with cab IR's (sounds very close but now I'm a little confused as to what you were trying to accomplish)

Just read this entire thread and I find all of this funny because I've been frustrated for a while with the IIC+ model for a while now. I play to a lot of Dream Theater and the IIC+ model used to be really good. I used to be able to nail the tones I was going for. But somewhere, the model went bad for me and I couldn't use it any more.

This thread gives me hope that the IIC+ model in the Axe has been returned to it's greatness it once had. I'm looking forward to the firmware update!

Sean, thanks for looking into this and helping to make the Axe even better and thanks to Cliff for looking deeper into why the MKIIC+ just doesn't sound right!

Just read this entire thread and I find all of this funny because I've been frustrated for a while with the IIC+ model for a while now. I play to a lot of Dream Theater and the IIC+ model used to be really good. I used to be able to nail the tones I was going for. But somewhere, the model went bad for me and I couldn't use it any more.

This thread gives me hope that the IIC+ model in the Axe has been returned to it's greatness it once had. I'm looking forward to the firmware update!

Sean, thanks for looking into this and helping to make the Axe even better and thanks to Cliff for looking deeper into why the MKIIC+ just doesn't sound right!

+1

For those who are interested:

To match a Mark V on the IIC+ mode (once V11.01 is released):
1. Select the appropriate USA IIC+ Norm or Bright model (based on the Mark V switch).
2. Set Overdrive to about 8.0
3. Turn on Fat and Bright Switches.
4. You may need to fine-tune the Presence slightly as the presence network is very sensitive to the taper of the pot. I had to set Presence to 5.59 to match the Mark V presence at noon.

Wikified: AMP (block): list - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Reactions: yek
I thought you were having a problem through your power amp -> cab?
this clip is with cab IR's (sounds very close but now I'm a little confused as to what you were trying to accomplish)

? . I was going slave out into my Axe FX using cab sims, but had also tried through a cab to be sure. All is well now :)

:) I have a feeling that you'll really dig it now \m/

Thanks Sean. Great to hear that Cliff has added yet more secret sauce to the upcoming update, getting one of my favorite amps better in both tone and feel. I really look forward to the 11.01 update, so I can have my "light weight" and "durable" (I believe that was the verbiage Mesa Engineering was using back in my day) in what is truly a light weight and super flexible package. Thanks again Cliff!

Hey everyone, Cliff sent me a version of the FW with an updated IIC+ model, and it's night and day. Sonically it's extremely close, and feel wise it's great too. I recorded the amp first, and then matched up the knobs on the model along with the 5 band EQ. I didn't even use the Tone Match, as it was this close already. I do feel like I could get even closer to the model with a bit of tweaking (still adjusting to the new 5 band EQ in the amp block, as the min/max values are a bit different).

Pardon the slop playing haha, I rushed to do this before a I had to teach a lesson:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95rzl732uh5xvg8/MesaSlave-AxeTweaked.wav

EDIT:

I had the Amp in total isolation as well. Slave out of amp into Rear input of Axe FX, into the Recto V30 OH cab and one of the marshall cabs from the new ownhammer set.

Hey Sean. Really cool that it got sorted out. You were not crazy after all :D

I have a Mark II preset. Have not touched that since FW6 something. If you want to try it i can send you the preset.

IMHO it sounds really good. I have not been able to recreate it, so i have to copy it to keep all settings.

Hey Sean. Really cool that it got sorted out. You were not crazy after all :D

I have a Mark II preset. Have not touched that since FW6 something. If you want to try it i can send you the preset.

IMHO it sounds really good. I have not been able to recreate it, so i have to copy it to keep all settings.

I may be guitarded, but I'm not crazy ;)

I appreciate it but I'm not too sure it would translate over, I guess you'll just have to see when fw11.01 is released :)

Does anyone know this?
Is the new/old IIc+ model, triode/pentode wired.
Is it possible to simulate the different wiring methods (triode/pentode of the output tubes) in the Axe with the parameters available today?

Regards Jesper
Triode hardness?

Back
Top Bottom