FW11 IIC+ vs Mark V-IIC+ - Not getting good results (Solved)

My bad
I didn't realize the link was to a down load page, I was trying to load an html page LOL!
got it working now
Kalthallen V30? I don't think I've ever used one of those before.

My bad
I didn't realize the link was to a down load page, I was trying to load an html page LOL!
got it working now
Kalthallen V30? I don't think I've ever used one of those before.

It's the closest combo I could find to my usual one which uses some of the new ownhammer cabs. I don't like the kalthallen cabs on their own but mixed they sound good!

And how about the distortion?
My constant trouble is replicate the dist of the IIC+.
Like this->
1:43 For example.
What is the big deal or how can i dial that?

And sorry for my poooooor english as always :)

Hi Hofi. Try this preset. Maybe play around with the V30 cabs.

Attachments

• 2cplus.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 48
Hi!

Thanks. I think it's just my bad, just a distortion structure what's being in my head and what i'm hearing.
looks like the distortion is "slower" and the notes are more separated. The overdrive and the input drive has the same structure?
But that's a very big part of the boogie why i love it. (i hope that was understandable, my english is not well.)
Maybe the triaxis GR or Ye does this distortion better, but the sound character in the IIc+ better.
OR i'm waiting for the next firmware... :) But strange for me: I am alone with this.
Cliff does not read this... maybe he can help in this strange distortion structure story... or just enlighten me :)

I just want to make sure you understand that being in front of the amp will be different than using IRs in the Axe FX. That's because most of the IRs in the Axe FX are close mic'ed. When listening to a real cab, you don't place your ear inches from the speaker, no? You listen a few feet away. The cabs/IR in the Axe are mostly "near field." That is how the normal recording process is performed. Some guys don't like that so they have a real power amp and cab in their rig to give them the "far field" tone. Maybe you already know these but I guess, it would benefit others who don't.

Hi!

Thanks. I think it's just my bad, just a distortion structure what's being in my head and what i'm hearing.
looks like the distortion is "slower" and the notes are more separated. The overdrive and the input drive has the same structure?
But that's a very big part of the boogie why i love it. (i hope that was understandable, my english is not well.)
Maybe the triaxis GR or Ye does this distortion better, but the sound character in the IIc+ better.
OR i'm waiting for the next firmware... :) But strange for me: I am alone with this.
Cliff does not read this... maybe he can help in this strange distortion structure story... or just enlighten me :)

I see your side. But my problem is a full another story. The structure of the distortion.
Have to hear the Euro Red.
I know, hard to simulate the tubes, but Cliff can solve it.
Maybe a possible explanation is somewhere in the input drive, overdrive.
Have to hear this, Now i think it's close to the IIc+'s dist
Carl Martin TOD overdrive Demo - Rick Graham - YouTube
Ok... A pedal. But. If you're hearing the overdrive' textures you can hear the diffrences.
A little bit slower, and deeper somehow. Or It's just me???

Btw... Nobody interested but You +1

And how about the distortion?
My constant trouble is replicate the dist of the IIC+.
Like this->
1:43 For example.
What is the big deal or how can i dial that?

And sorry for my poooooor english as always :)

funny I literally just stopped playing around with 2cplus and usa lead, and you might have well been taping me playing. Ive got that sound, gain , and playing style. Ive never heard that much gain on a real , non cranked boogie. Ive got some presets reworked and bastardized probably from countless others, with my spin on them. No one ever seems to want them or thank me for posting so oh well. Remember often patches made by others will have to be adjusted for different IR setups, guitars pups etc. I for one turn down my global eq bass for my smaller room.

absolutely love the new 11.03 and boogies, gain galore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to crank every gain, boost switch , saturation switch, and add distortion pedal lol:) BUT NOT NOW!

Last edited:
Oh thanks for coming. I don't need dat too much gain but the structure, like the video in my last post. Close to (imo).
Or listen petrucci's sound in the lines in the sand and you've got what i mean.
Have fun with the boogies ;)

That was too much for my Axe Fx... When i switched on it's made restart again and again... Good.

Man you guys like gain lol. The patch I posted had the same gain structure as my mark V. There's a certain point where gain just masks tone, got to let the tone breathe!

Your gain is good... :)
But I can't show my preset, i lost all of my data :D
And now if i'm on a stage? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom