FW11 IIC+ vs Mark V-IIC+ - Not getting good results (Solved)

Seriously, the IIc+ model is insanely accurate (and awesome).
You need to get your amp and cab into a studio, shoot an IR and do a Tone Match.

I'm using slave out of the Mesa which is just the pure amp signal, going into existing Axe FX IRs (OH & RW Recto cabs, 57s on both). That's why I'm saying, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm just not adjusting it right. I usually have no problem dialing in tones in minutes but it hasn't been my experience thus far.

Going to mess with it later tonight and post my results. Matt, if you or cliff has a IIC+ match patch I could check out, I'd love to A/B it to mine to see if I'm missing something.

Cool. Share your thoughts :)

You won´t kill my joy of using the AXII anyway :D

That's not my intention at all, this is just an educational experience for myself to see if I can improve upon my methods. Axe FX is an awesome tool, and I've been thrilled to use it for the past year and a half.

I agree with that, I don't understand why guitarists are not trying to develop their own particular sound. Just as a guitarist develops his playing skills from years of trying to perfect them I would think they would also be honing in their own particular guitar tone to distinguish them from other players. When you hear Eric Johnson you know who it is because he has his own sound. This was just one example, I hope any guitar players who read this give this some thought and maybe make a move in the right direction to start working to develop their own unique tone. That is what is so great about the Axe FX it enables you to produce what ever tone you are after. If you only want to sound like one amp then just get that amp and don't bother with the Axe. There are enough people purchasing these that I don't think Fractal will miss you. With every preamp or guitar effects pedal I have ever bought I have been able to develop a pretty good guitar tone. Like I have said in other posts when I get the sound I am after I name it by my name as it is my sound. The Axe FX will produce what ever sound you want it just takes dedication and time!

I've never played 2 tube amps that sounded exactly the same, isn't it possible your Boggie amp and the amp Cliff used for the Axe are a bit different sounding?

I agree with that, I don't understand why guitarists are not trying to develop their own particular sound. Just as a guitarist develops his playing skills from years of trying to perfect them I would think they would also be honing in their own particular guitar tone to distinguish them from other players. When you hear Eric Johnson you know who it is because he has his own sound. This was just one example, I hope any guitar players who read this give this some thought and maybe make a move in the right direction to start working to develop their own unique tone. That is what is so great about the Axe FX it enables you to produce what ever tone you are after. If you only want to sound like one amp then just get that amp and don't bother with the Axe. There are enough people purchasing these that I don't think Fractal will miss you. With every preamp or guitar effects pedal I have ever bought I have been able to develop a pretty good guitar tone. Like I have said in other posts when I get the sound I am after I name it by my name as it is my sound. The Axe FX will produce what ever sound you want it just takes dedication and time!

I see where you're coming from, I do think that Eric Johnson would sound like Eric Johnson wether he was on his rig or my rig, the signature is in the playing and in the fingers. I know the sound I go for, its in the marshall-esque flavor, (Suhr Badger 30 + Friedman BE are my main amps) but I do build patches for some Axe users, or for reamping i need certain sounds. So, I try to be as educated and informed as I can.

I've never played 2 tube amps that sounded exactly the same, isn't it possible your Boggie amp and the amp Cliff used for the Axe are a bit different sounding?

Anything's possible, not saying it isnt that at all. I know that the especially in the original IIC+s, they were all a bit different, and since I'm using the IIC+ mode on the MkV it could be even moreso. My interest, is closing the gap.

I've owned a couple MK II C+ amps in the past, and toured with them for years, in my opinion the MK V doesn't sound the same, at least the few I tried, but never bought one or did a direct comparison.

The best way I can describe it is like with the mesa, the pick feels like its cutting through the sound, and with the axe it feels like it's activating the sound.
That sounds like a room volume issue.

I played through a IIc+ for 6 or 7 years and several guitarist friends I've known also ,had them and I can assure you no 2 are the same!!! same settings different tones on all of them!

My experience is the same as RDH. I believe I've read where there were little variations as time went along, even though they only went from IIC - IIC+. I've messed around on a V before, and really didn't find the IIC+ to sound that much like mine, but it was in a different environment, different guitar, ... Good luck on the pursuit Sean. I'm curious about this, too.

Lee

Back
Top Bottom