FW11 Clean System.syx?

Etudica

Inspired
Will there be a clean system.syx file available anytime soon for v11? I've had a few issues with v11 that appear to be sorted for now, but just to be safe I would still like to do a system clean at some point in the future without reverting back to 10 first. No rush, just curious.

Im also interested in this . Does it have to be specific to v11 ? I remember seeing a clean.syx around somewhere . Anyone have a link ?

I used the sys clean v10 before installing V11 then noticed user cabs 51 through to 76, and also 99 & 100 still populated.
Downloaded and ran the v11 clean from the Axe-Edit getting started guide ... and they're still there!!!
Used Fractal-Bot both times.

Any one else get this?

Yes. Cabs 51-100 are not included in the regular "system data".

It's the same when you create a backup of the system data: doesn't include user cabs 51-100.
This was unavoidable when extending the number of user cabs from 50 to 100, acc. to Cliff.

If you want to clear cab slots 50 and higher, upload "empty" user cabs into them.

Last edited:
Cheers yek!
Didn't think this was an issue, just thought It may be something out of the ordinary.
This may sound silly .... but....
Where do you find 'empty cabs' to upload?

just thinking about this concept is causing my mind to implode!!!!!

Hey guys try downloading clean file just getting bunch of xxx on my mac I know I'm not doing something simple please remind me how to download it on a mac duh

Try Firefox for Mac which, unlike Safari, won't try to open the file but rather present you a dialog box giving you the option to save it to disk instead.

OK just got everything done an hour ago and been playing till my fingers are shredded. Awesome is all I say.Only one thing when changing scenes while you have axe edit open it drops signal for a second.

On the Axe-Edit web page...
Fractal Audio Systems - Axe-Edit 3.0 Software Editor for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II Guitar Processor

There's a link to a PDF called Axe-Edit Getting Started Guide...
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/axe-edit/Axe-Edit-Getting-Started-Guide.pdf

And on Page 10, it says...

Try clearing USER CABS 1-50 from your Axe-Fx using a “Clean” System file.​

1. [*=1]Download the Clean System file here:
    http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/11.0/clean-system-v11.syx
    [*=1]Use Fractal-Bot to transmit the file to your Axe-Fx.
    WARNING: The Clean System File will erase user cabs 1-50 and reset all system parameters to default
    values. Please consider backing up or making notes on your user Cab selections and system settings
    before proceeding (See your Axe-Fx II manual on using the internal backup ROM). The Clean System file
    It will NOT affect your presets or cabs 51-100.
    [*=1]Remember, you must cycle power on the Axe-Fx II immediately after it receives a SYSTEM file.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom