FW11 Brit JM45 Jump w/ OH Mix IR Comfortably Numb solos

Matoshi

Inspired
Hi all,

this is not a tone clone attempt, but a just-for-fun recording of the Comfortably Numb solos. I used the Brit JM45 Jump through OwnHammer's "OH MAR-CB V30-EN SS STUD-VNTG" mix IR from the modern pack.

Click on the soundcloud link if you want to download the uncompressed wav file.

Enjoy! :mrgreen

Thank you for checking it out and commenting, guys! I'm glad you like it :)

I played this on my Schecter Jeff Loomis 7string with stock PUs (EMGs). Thanks to the AFX I'm able to tame that monster, but one of these days I should get me a nice strat for stuff like this :lol

Yes haha! Neck PU witch rolled back volume for the first solo and bridge PU with full volume for the second. The IR pack is good, I haven't yet managed to move away from the V30-EN speaker to try the others, though. Guess that's a good thing for the V30 ;)

Well done wow!

Wow a Loomis signature model can sound like this,woah!

Haha incredible, isn't it? It's the Diamond series version. I already did a tutorial video of the first solo with it a few firmwares ago:

When I decided to buy it, I was totally planning to replace the stock EMGs as soon as possible. One year has passed and I'm still using them and getting very satisfying results through the AF2! :)

Nice jam man! For some reason I have been liking the v30 Chinese versions. But I really like the tone you got here with the English V30s.
Thx! I definitely need to check those IRs out next. I've preferred V30s to other speakers in the past and I'm curious how the two versions compare to each other!

Haha incredible, isn't it? It's the Diamond series version. I already did a tutorial video of the first solo with it a few firmwares ago:

When I decided to buy it, I was totally planning to replace the stock EMGs as soon as possible. One year has passed and I'm still using them and getting very satisfying results through the AF2! :)

Thx! I definitely need to check those IRs out next. I've preferred V30s to other speakers in the past and I'm curious how the two versions compare to each other!

Excellent man. Very impressed frankly speaking.

^^ Thank you!

You're very welcome! :)

Forgot to mention: The patch expects the "OH MAR-CB V30-EN SS STUD-VNTG" IR in user slot #22. If you don't own the OwnHammer cab, I recommend switching the Cab block from Y to X for a stereo cab with the stock 4x12 Basketweave TV and Basketweave Green mix IRs instead. Should work well, too. Enjoy! ;)

Reactions: gpz
Ok that is just Saaweet sounding dude!!!! - Great way to start Sunday morning! - Just got my A2 and this will be added to my list of presets for sure - Danke!

Back
Top Bottom