FW10 sounds strange? Try this!!!

Alarto

Inspired
I'm one of those who experience fizzy / hissing sound with new FW10 & presets. The annoying sound could be described like an amp sound without a cab & 80 % with a cab sound (can not describe it better). I systematically went through all advices and tweaked all parameters that I thought might cause it - no success. Then I remembered one basic thing - over tones & false harmonics - caused by PUPs set too close to strings. I have Fender SRVs in my standard strat and BKP Crawler humbuckers in my Warmoth super strat. I adjusted PUPs hight down and everything started to sound not only much better and clearer but, a bit strange, much louder as well! I have never experienced this kind of interaction with my guitars & Axe, the sound has ever changed so much before this way. Basically, I'm really happy that PUP adjustment is audible now but I can't help wonder if something is still wrong? Adjusting PUPs hight is not so audible with real amps vs. Axe. I have played 35 years in various bands, and I don't write bullshit if something does not work with first shot! I just honestly hope my findings help to solve the problem what ever it is... Any idea??? I'll be back after some hours, need some sleep now :)

That's funny, I noticed the same thing. Use a good set of headphones to set your pick up heights. It helps a lot.

Interesting. If this is a global input too high deal, or?

I have made or used signal checks in several places in my chain, which is through souncard, mixer, daw, monitors ... Make sure the distortion isn't produced later in your chain also. For example, before my monitors i route through a mixer and it tends to clip. I've needed to regularly adjust the channel pots lower & the master pots higher for example.

mine did the same thing it sounded like shit but after messing with it i couldent get it back the way it was and this is with beta 10 ver i reinstalled public ver 10 and it fixed my problem and did a parameter reset after installing public 10 as well it was clipping some but that fixed all my problems been useing it for a few days now and its working fine so maybe re-install it.... maybe we got a bad download i cant figure it out so hell with it now it sounds like it should crushing hope you get it figured out

Yeah, I'm going to have to say that re-installing did help me a bit. However, I saved out my presets on a few of them. I reinstalled from the preset folder and they came back to normal. Just worked for me.

just lowered the pickup on my jem, I actually didnt think I could, tht it was one position. woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, gone are all the false harmonics squeels, feedback when palming, thanks gods my jem rocks now.

Back
Top Bottom