FW10: LMAO.... What to say?

Agreed! First time I ever liked the factory presets right out of the gate. I didnt get past the first 5 last night which is odd for me...not ones i usually like. It has revived my passion in the Axe and more importantly...playing.

Yeah for me the sign that it's got the goods is when I'm playing I catch myself playing slower and holding onto the notes for a while and just enjoy listening to them sing.

For me the amps that have kept me up late at night this week have been the AC30 (finally everything that I was wanting from it), the plexi is insanely good and the Swart is just one of those that I had never heard of but was able to dial in something within a few minutes that I loved. I started messing with the Twin earlier and had to shut it down because I knew that I wouldn't get to be early enough if I kept going.

i spent a good couple of days reworking all my patches and even changed amp models on some of them (something i don't normally do). i've ended up with the 100w plexi as my "vintage" marshall and the jvm od1 orange as my "modern" higher gain marshall. haven't had a chance to gig or even rehearse it yet, but every time i bring up that plexi, it just puts a smile on my face! i think this may be the best update yet (until v11, of course!). i honestly don't know what cliff can now do to make these amps any better. if the mimic process is nailing every nuance, then surely there's nowhere else to go? if there was never another update to the amps, i'd be more than happy. it'll take me months to even scratch the surface of the new amps and cabs in this box, anyway.... :)

i spent a good couple of days reworking all my patches and even changed amp models on some of them (something i don't normally do). i've ended up with the 100w plexi as my "vintage" marshall and the jvm od1 orange as my "modern" higher gain marshall. haven't had a chance to gig or even rehearse it yet, but every time i bring up that plexi, it just puts a smile on my face! i think this may be the best update yet (until v11, of course!). i honestly don't know what cliff can now do to make these amps any better. if the mimic process is nailing every nuance, then surely there's nowhere else to go? if there was never another update to the amps, i'd be more than happy. it'll take me months to even scratch the surface of the new amps and cabs in this box, anyway.... :)

I feel exactly the same way as you. I'm not sure if he can get any closer then it is now, but I know he'll try. If he adds more amp choices that would be fine with me. As far as presets go I'm kind of in a quandary, I play church music, so depending on the song that week, I might create a new preset for that song, otherwise I just stick to the tones I like when I'm just playing for me. Now this time is even different then those two scenarios, because I feel like, we got a brand new box, and all those amps that I thought I wouldn't dig, Im digging now. So now it's the task of getting through them taking notes in my notepad, and making new suggestions for the old ones. Church's love ac30's slightly over driven tones, but now I think the Dumble could fit in that slot. And the Ver 10 Fenders are just amazing, so we have an abundance of riches in front of us, a huge departure from my Peavey Bandit as a kid.

The best thing is that it takes just a couple of minutes to get great tones. Any amp and ir to taste will produce real guitar tones IMO.

I built a Plexi/Plexi+ patch based on the funk thread where you mentioned using a Plexi for funk -- used it at rehearsal last week and smiled a lot the whole time. It is so good to be an AxeFx owner right now.

oh yeah, the 50w plexi is sounding great too. still use it for my main funk patch (the normal mode). i also tried the high mode and setting it up like a real plexi, with bass, mid, treb and master all on full. pres at min and gain on about 6...and wow...superb!!

Plexi sounds ....... great too.. So happy i don´t have to play extremly loud to get that sound.

I'm playing with my axe like I did when I first got my ultra a couple years ago.Going though all the new presets,tweaking everything.I'm loving v10. Transformer match is my new tweak,Can't stop tweaking :D. I'm liking a lot more of the amps now :D

After many hours, i can say that it has improved in any way possible. Every amp has character. They sound better. I don`t know if "real" is the right word.
I listened on recordings from FW7/8/9. I think i could release any recordings with that sound. But it took time to setup.
The amps in the old FW sounded great, but did not had all the character of the amps they was representing IMO.

Fast forward to FW10 and some weeks of playing and testing.

Amps sound like their real life counterparts; yes.
They got a real character; yes
The interaction is even better; yes
If you suck as a player, you still suck on FW10; yes

It`s actually "harder" now. Your mistakes are really displayed.
Can`t hide so much now. Just like on a real amp.
Depends on the amp. Just like a real amp.

And that`s good IMHO...

I have to disagree with you here. My suckage is a lot more realer with 10. :blue:

But it makes you concentrate more and practice harder and in the long run will only make me better! :encouragement:

Hahaha.. True. So true ;)

Back
Top Bottom