FW10 has really F-d UP my Mesa Patches :( ... lot's of work or back to V6???

I look at this this way , I'm very suspicious of anybody that doesn't have a sense of objectivity over a product that has had many, many revisions and changes

This. Nice to see a few people giving feedback and suggesting improvements though. Very surprised the beta testers didn't hear the huge difference with the rectos...

Last edited:
This. Nice to see a few people giving feedback and suggesting improvements though. Very surprised the beta testers didn't hear the huge difference with the rectos...

I was suprised nobody asked to be a beta tester after this thread lol! I thought there would have been at least someone asking......it actually makes sense for a 'high gain' guy to be on there. (assuming there isn't now)

strangely enough the 5153 got updated and I did a post on that amp earlier (more MIMIC/gain related) so interesting to see how it will sound now

I was suprised nobody asked to be a beta tester after this thread lol! I thought there would have been at least someone asking......it actually makes sense for a 'high gain' guy to be on there. (assuming there isn't now)

strangely enough the 5153 got updated and I did a post on that amp earlier (more MIMIC/gain related) so interesting to see how it will sound now

The 5153 sounded bad ass before and sounds bad ass now. It is my go to. I am the guy at the show who thinks his name is "Hey...turn it down"

It's rare to find someone who knows ALL the real life amp nuances. I'd say me and Irotlas know Mesa since we've been measuring meters and the spectrums for years. And we've had... over a dozen of Mesa amps roll by. (gas) But to know all the amps? No one can do that.

Not saying that. The sound of the rectos were quite a bit off. Anyone who knows and uses rectos should be able to pick it up pretty easily..

Not saying that. The sound of the rectos were quite a bit off. Anyone who knows and uses rectos should be able to pick it up pretty easily..

Well no... it's not that easy to tell. Irotlas posted a thread about it and showed hard facts and measures what the difference was. In the end the Fryette was closest to the real Recto. Irotlas already told me he will do the new measurements today.. so stay tuned. :D

You've got to also understand that even two Recto's don't sound exactly the same.

"The Recto sound" is very similar to many other amps.

No dispute with your reference to the rectos, but your reference with regard to beta testers is not valid.

fw10.xx is a totally different beast and totally changed and altered the way the AxeII handles amps! Even for beta testers this is all new!

Most everything had to be redialed, re-tone matched, or just plain started from scratch. So everyone is busy checking out the ride,.....mostly with our favorite amps first.
So along with the new great MIMIC upgrade, the downside is re-tweaking along with proper ir application.

The beta testers may not be familiar with all the amps....this is expected, so Clark Kent's post is on the mark.

I'm not surprised the problems with the Rectos were not caught in beta.

Cliff, FAS and the beta team IMO all have a great ear for tone and it passed them all.

It's just the nature of having so many amps and so many different possible cabs etc. Even a seasoned pro might miss it for a little while.

But in the long run when the community finds something it eventually gets fixed if its an error type of thing. So that's pretty cool and the job gets done for everyone.

Richard

Very surprised the beta testers didn't hear the huge difference with the rectos...

Being a member of the beta team, I want you to know I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that may be caused by not having noticed pretty easily that the Rectos were sounding "off" before 10.06. I offer you my sincerest apologies and I hope that in time you'll find it in your heart to forgive me for not having noticed it pretty easily.

Last edited:
Being a member of the beta team, I want you to know I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that may be caused by not having noticed pretty easily that the Rectos were sounding "off" before 10.06. I offer you my sincerest apologies and I hope that in time you'll find it in your heart to forgive me for not having noticed it pretty easily.

That really cracked me up! Thanks Yek.

:D Yeah.. everyone complaining about beta testers at this point should be put into a blindfold A/B test between 10.05 and 10.06 and bet money on which is which.

Yes and even though beta testers hear a difference how could they know it's a step towards realism or an error?
funny thing is, there was one or the other amp we pointed out to Cliff during beta phase...and they all turned out to be spot on. now with MIMIC it's even harder to catch things like these because the models are mimic'ed to certain amps Cliff owns. anyone who's ever played two of the same amps knows that there can be a huge difference. so unless something sounds really wrong we might as well have asked Cliff to re-mimic each and every model...

Edit- inappropriate post

Last edited:

All good

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom