FW10 has really F-d UP my Mesa Patches :( ... lot's of work or back to V6???

Lenny... When you say FW10 what version? Have you updated with 10.5? I ask because you say you are tone matching and there was some quirkiness with tone matching and the initial 10.0 release.

Yeah Coppler,
I used whatever the latest release was as of last Saturday - but will try again to confirm.
Oh - and more so my clean and mesa sounds from V6 use tone match blocks - so I meant things maybe not translating there - not so much tone matching in V10.
The main room area at the club I'm resident at holds 1500+ capacity - so I got in for an early soundcheck - tried/tested every preset and heap of V10 Axechange downloads and from forum users - Some cool things in their for sure, but def made a mess of my V6 Mesa and Hotted Marshall sounds.

Here's my Panama attempt from V6 - never get as good as Eddie, but it's one of my main Hotted Marshall rock tones that V10 just made sound like HISS!

My favorite lead patch has always been with the Recto Red all the way back to the Ultra. With v10 I leave mimic on but adjust a few other personal favorite amp settings. I've also became addicted to Ownhammer v2 Ir's which help get a sound I prefer (sounds less filtered to me) IMHO :)

Yeah Neo,
I bought the OH Mesa v2 and always used them on clean and IIC+ and Mark IV sounds.
With FW10 there were so many new cabs and 1 of the things that did seem to be a slight improvement for me were the clean/twin cab sims and new recto/mix cabs that I dont have now going back to v6 :(

Im kinda glad I came in at 10.05, cause I havent heard how great the other firmwares are, and now I wont know because im going to force myself to go forward. That would suck having a better tone but no axe-edit, so im thankfully going to just live with 10 and above.

Im kinda glad I came in at 10.05, cause I havent heard how great the other firmwares are, and now I wont know because im going to force myself to go forward. That would suck having a better tone but no axe-edit, so im thankfully going to just live with 10 and above.

FW 10 is great, don't get me wrong. My only issue is the rectifiers, that's it...

Yeah Coppler,
I used whatever the latest release was as of last Saturday - but will try again to confirm.
Oh - and more so my clean and mesa sounds from V6 use tone match blocks - so I meant things maybe not translating there - not so much tone matching in V10.
The main room area at the club I'm resident at holds 1500+ capacity - so I got in for an early soundcheck - tried/tested every preset and heap of V10 Axechange downloads and from forum users - Some cool things in their for sure, but def made a mess of my V6 Mesa and Hotted Marshall sounds.

Here's my Panama attempt from V6 - never get as good as Eddie, but it's one of my main Hotted Marshall rock tones that V10 just made sound like HISS!

Gotcha! There is no way patches dialed in with v6 are going to translate to v10. Time to redo from scratch using the Mesa and dial it in just as you would the real amp.

BTW. I enjoy your vids quite a lot. Great playing and you look like you are having so much fun and that's what its all about.

Says EVERYone whos not a bedroom guitarist and think every patch sounds good.
and most players who have Boogie sounds that were ok and now SHIT.

I have problem users who think/like Mark Day's patch - please - this guy is running his sound thru plugins, eq's, compressors and computer stuff - so obvious
those sounds are unusable live at volume with a rock band
joke
and more so where people like that scott peterson guy say version 7 is 'the best ever' 'sounds like the real thing' then version 10 comes out and they say its so much better and exact and more this more that - I dont get it! they just said version 7 is best/exact now they're saying 10 is like a real amp.
do these peopl own a real amp?

Vai's tech Tom said that vai uses version 4 or 5 and leaves it
good plan by fractal keeping guitariss interested in their products tho!

People have been saying it sounds like a real amp since the Axe standard. But it gets closer every FM update!

I wouldn't worry about it. If you have an idea of the tone you want in your head, I'd bet you can get it with a little tweaking. Worst case, make a post for opinions on how to achieve that tone and i'm sure many will attempt to help.

haha
See what happens when 11 and 12 comes out!

if you don't like 10 try 9.02. I f I didn't play thru a power amp I would've stayed on 9.02 IMO t was the best sounding FW for using with IR's
the Mesa Models sound great with 9.02

Turn back to modeling version 7.0 in the global menu and see if that does your patches justice...

Not to minimize anyone's frustration here, but instead of wringing your hands over whether to roll back or not, just spend some time with the new FW and get to know it. You probably have preconceptions about how it "should" work based on how things worked before. It's a different animal now. Empty your cup and re-learn.

Honestly, if the recto and other mesa models were any better, I'd piss myself. And I'm kinda lettin a few drops out the way it is. I don't see how it really could be any better.

Every FW update comes with the caveat 'This may change the sound of your presets'. If you haven't re-tweaked, then it's YOUR fault, not the FW.

And it's been said a million times, but if a FW release works for you...STICK WITH IT. Newer doesn't mean better for everyone.

I don't hear any hiss, the amps just sound completely different....

To me they sound more like amps, a little more raw perhaps than earlier. I like FW10, but just wondering from LennyDs perspective if the hiss he mentioned on the Mesa amp he was using was the only thing or if there was something else.

if you don't like 10 try 9.02. I f I didn't play thru a power amp I would've stayed on 9.02 IMO t was the best sounding FW for using with IR's

Cool, I know I have 5.x, 6, and 10.5
Is it possible to download old versions - also same goes for the MFC.
The firmware I have is aincent from Ultra days like 1 or 1.02 and the latest 216 version stuffed everthing up for me aswell so I'd need th latest that works well with version 6.

To me they sound more like amps, a little more raw perhaps than earlier. I like FW10, but just wondering from LennyDs perspective if the hiss he mentioned on the Mesa amp he was using was the only thing or if there was something else.

Sorry Stratamania
The hissiness if that's a word - was on my marshall/rock Tones.
But yeah - I can understand how that can be more real amp like!
BUT
The Mesa tones just sounded more harsh and lost that fusion Mesa vibe.

Back
Top Bottom