the FAS amp name
Cab suggestions
Producer cab suggestions
Cab# used with a column that looks up the Cab name
Drive
Master
Level
Cab level
Remarks: for parameters that are changed from their default state (bright switch, bright cap...) not settings like bass/mid/treble/presence...
Cabs have Lo Cut set at 80HZ and Hi cut around 6500Hz

I'm setting the levels by ear and checking with the level meter in my DAW.
I'm setting the levels so that they are equal to the amp a cab bypassed.
I added the cab levels because (to my ears) some are louder than others.

I'm almost halfway.
I'm checking the presets on my B&W DM602's.
I just received my CLR wedge (wooohooo) and after i'm finished, I'll recheck them.
I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Last edited:
Thanks jbis.
But I think we have a different approach.
I've sorted my amps alphabetically using their real names, not he ones from FAS.
I level the amps AND the cabs to their bypass level.
Thanks anyway.

Perhaps I got the wrong file but if I'm not mistaken this is your amp list:
jbis.JPG

My amp list looks like this:
My%20amp%20list.JPG

You are a credit to this community. I made heavy use of you bank with V9 an look forward to the same with V10!

Also Jbis, your bank is incredibly useful too so kudos on fine work!

Thanks guys.
This community has given me so much, I feel obliged to do my part and contribute where I can.
jbis has indeed done a wonderful job and the more of these banks we haven, the easier it is for everyone to try put different amp/cab combinations.
I also want to thank Yek and everyone who contributed to the wiki, because without the information about the amps and cabs, I wouldn't be able to compile this bank.
Thanks to Cliff for giving us this unique piece of gear.
The more I spend time checking out the FW 10.0 amps, the more I'm amazed at what he's accomplished.

So the amp bank you're making is basically a spreadsheet/quickref almost like an axe fx 2 wiki lite version am I right? I'm just not sure I'm fully understanding. But this seems like it could be really helpful when it's ready.

Wow, what a job!

MisterE, I changed one thing in the suggested cabs on the Amp page.
The new 4x12 Cali Mix was listed among the V30s, but actually it's a loaded with Classic Lead 80s.
So I removed it from the V30 list. IIRC, only the Carol-Ann lists the Lead 80 as a suitable speaker, and it goes well with Mesas, and it's an alternative for EVMs.

A small update.
Thanks for the heads up Yek.
I'm rechecking the cabs for all amps.
I received my CLR's and have started to recheck all amp/cab combinations.
So far i've noticed this:
- Cabs have to be set at -3dB to match their bypass state level
- I check the presets at a pretty loud volume. I had to lower the amp volume on quite a lot of presets.
- I can't do this for more than 1hour at a time. I noticed that after a while some amps don't sound so good. When retrying them the next day, they (sometimes) sound better.
I guess you can call it ear fatigue ;)
- I like a lot of the new producer IR's exceprt for the V30's. Sometimes the Petrucci mix is fine, but most of the time I use #43 (RW) or #44 (OH). I'm looking forward to trying Ownhammer's V30 IR's. That's also one of the reasons I made this amp bamp. To have some sort of baseline to compare and try IR's.

For the amps I've changed something from the default settings (like bright switch, cap value,...), I've added the amp with it's default values in the Y-state. So you can compare.
I'm about half way now and hope to have this finished by the end of the weekend.

Reactions: yek
Looking forward to the result!

The Petrucci is the only 4x12 Mix cab with V30s AFAIK.
And yes, it's not a generic V30 cab, its sound is very specific.
The Prod. Pack could use such a generic V30 cab.

Last edited:
And here it is me mateys:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14506389/Amps + Cabs FW 10.0.7z

I've included a bank (Bank C); a spreadsheet with the aforementioned settings and amp/cab list + suggested cabs for each amp (thanks again to Yek).
If you fill in the number of the cab, the column next to it will give you the name of the cab.
For amps that have something in the remarks column, I've copied the amp with the default settings so you can compare.

Some will want to know what a .7z file is, and there isn't an official OSX version of 7-Zip.

Still it's a fine archiver and there are unofficial versions. See here:
Download

Nice "bamp"s... your newly minted collective noun for a bank of amps.

Back
Top Bottom