FW Updates for the FM9?

I seem to be having trouble getting as good a sound with my FM9 as I get with my Axe-FxIII and FM3. It could just be my ears but I'm hoping the new update will get me on par with the other units.
I have not had this issue. I started from scratch though. Rebuilt and love

+1 w/FM3 as my previous unit, rebuilt my fav patches on FM9 and actually to my ears its sounding better, my FM3 patches sounded fine when importing but... patches didn't have dual amps and cabs so experimented with series and parallel etc. building new ones. quite happy now...

I imported my presets from the AXEIII and my irs, it could just be me. I have built some from the ground up as well. Like I said, it could just be me.
sometimes I don't think new firmware sounds as good and then I go back and forth and realize its me and not the unit.

I imported my presets from the AXEIII and my irs, it could just be me. I have built some from the ground up as well. Like I said, it could just be me.
sometimes I don't think new firmware sounds as good and then I go back and forth and realize its me and not the unit.
What FW are you using on Axe Fx III?

FM9 released while FW16.x was current...

Anyone else just get punked by the email from FAS? Ha! The title said “FM9 Update and Holiday Sale Save on Axe-Fx III, FM3, and More” but the update was shipping times etc. I was all excited!
Yep, I saw FM9 Update and went yahooo! Oh wait...

It usually sounds better if you let the tubes warm up a bit longer... At least that is my experience ;)
So I plugged my FM9 into my old set of CLRs and it sounds great! My newer CLR neo II's are terrible sounding for some reason. I'm going to re- gain stage them and try again. At least its not my FM9!

I seem to be having trouble getting as good a sound with my FM9 as I get with my Axe-FxIII and FM3. It could just be my ears but I'm hoping the new update will get me on par with the other units.

I've been getting the opposite impression from mine. To the point where I was going to ask if anything was different in the gain staging or somewhere in the less obvious background because I swear my ported over FM3 presets sound different for the better, like there's more headroom or something.

Back
Top Bottom