FW Q9.1 - Plexi 50w Jump - ROCK MIXTEST

@ProgressiveRocco, you accidentally trolled me. I saw FW Q9.1 and thought, oh boy a new FW is out. Then I realised it was a typo o_O

Awesome tone buddy! And such a simple setup

just noticed it :confused: hahah thanks man

same here,i got a pretty good fender strat HSS,and i use the ir`s he mention ML Brit PR75 SM57 A1 but the sound really sucks,its not working for me.

sorry to hear that dude...that's one of the reasons why I rarely share patches anymore, too many variables involved, 90% of the times doesn't sound right on other people's setups

I have a fender hss strat too and I find the stock humbucker lacking in the highs. IRC from playingy mates guitar with Seymour Duncan's in, they are quite bright sounding PU's. Perhaps an EQ infront of the amp with the highs boosted may help?

Rocco, I think your presets are the most consistent as far as translating extremely well. I use a strat with a Custom 5 or a strat with a Hybrid Custom/59 and can always hear your patches well on my system. To say these sounds suck is not fair. I turn on my rig, fire up your presets and it sounds exactly like you've presented them. I don't understand how it could get any easier. I appreciate what you've shared and have learned alot from your work!

I have a fender hss strat too and I find the stock humbucker lacking in the highs. IRC from playingy mates guitar with Seymour Duncan's in, they are quite bright sounding PU's. Perhaps an EQ infront of the amp with the highs boosted may help?

you could definitely try that! choosing a bright IR is half the battle though!

Rocco, I think your presets are the most consistent as far as translating extremely well. I use a strat with a Custom 5 or a strat with a Hybrid Custom/59 and can always hear your patches well on my system. To say these sounds suck is not fair. I turn on my rig, fire up your presets and it sounds exactly like you've presented them. I don't understand how it could get any easier. I appreciate what you've shared and have learned alot from your work!

thanks Steve!!

just noticed it :confused: hahah thanks man

sorry to hear that dude...that's one of the reasons why I rarely share patches anymore, too many variables involved, 90% of the times doesn't sound right on other people's setups

dont need to worry bro,i know that using the right IRs can make your preset shine,i will try the preset again with different cabs,sorry to use the S word,but the S word is for me not for your preset.

yes, good point! the second IR I've used is indeed very bright..as always it all depends on your guitar and monitoring system! the PEQ has got a high shelf boosting at around 6/8khz if I remember correctly, so that's another thing to keep in mind
ups.....I`ve never boosted these frequences.........but let´s try!

Last edited:
I absolutely love and use three presets you posted awhile back (HBE, JVM and ???) and use them live...I can't wait to try this one out! Thanks for sharing!

Sounds absolut great and natural!
But when I copy your settings of the Plexi Jumg (exept the PEQ Block - this is a XL Preset?), it sounds really muddy. Are these IR´s you`ve used very bright or the PEQ Block does a great job?

@Hubi I use this preset as it is for rhythm and for the lead tone I've turnt the Treble Drive up to 3.00 with a touch of TS808 (Drive on 0.50 Level 6.70) and added some Mono Tape Delay. Also used from the the Ownhammer 412 MAR Green Vintage Cab Pack the OH MAR H75 Full mix and sounds loud in the room awesome. Thanks Rocco for that great patch.

Back
Top Bottom