Fixed FW Q 7

rustyshed

Inspired
Hi,

I have been experiencing axefx crashes with new fw.

Tried reinstalling FW a few times but i keep getting the same crash happening.

I was creating or modifying a preset with a Plexi Hi 1, Slp jump and Badger 30 amps when the fault occurs.

I've rolled back to Fw 16.01 and everything is fine again with those amps too.

Not sure what has caused the fault just thought I would report it just the same.

It happened when I was just selecting a preset in axeedit also?

So not really sure what was happening.

I will try wiping the axe completely and reinstalling q7 when I have more time.

But not sure what else to do, any suggestions?

Try to deduct. Disconnect Axe-Edit, Midi controller and see if the bug still occurs.

Try to deduct. Disconnect Axe-Edit, Midi controller and see if the bug still occurs.
Yes it does, I have tried without foot controller connected and it still happened. Not sure I cannot pin point it to a particular preset. So not sure what it could be.

Everything else disconnected? No loose cables?

Does it happen while editing a parameter, or when scrolling through presets using the cursor buttons? Factory cabs or user cabs?

I'm asking because I'm in the process of finding the cause for a problem myself.

The first time it was just changing presets. 2nd time I was editing one of the amps I mentioned in the first post.
I then managed to create the fault again without the Mfc101 connected by going through the same two operations.

Each time though I was using axedit.

All cables are connected properly.
I use both xlr outs to a audio interface.

Axedit has latest update also.

Last edited:
Do you use Global Blocks?
Do you have anything connected to MIDI OUT or MIDI THRU?

When's the last time you updated your Factory Presets?

Yes I know it shouldn't matter because the FW updates Amp models etc. ..... but I had strange probs a while back (updated from Quantum 5 to Quantum 6 maybe - can't remember now) and when I installed a fresh batch of latest Factory preset banks taken from the FAS site and then re-imported my own backed up presets over the top of them all was good again.

Back up your own personal presets/user cabs, then download the latest Factory presets - install them with FractalBot - re-import your backed up presets via Axe-edit

Mightn't fix anything for you ... but it worked for me.

Hi,

Nothing connected via midi and no global blocks used.

Also i do not have any factory presets on my device they are all my own or blank.

If you went from FW16 all the way to Q7, I'd suspect it's preset based. A lot of stuff changed between those firmware versions, so it's possible those older FW version presets maybe didn't get fully updated correctly or something. Try clearing out all of the presets (backup everything first!) and create some new test presets with Q7 and see if you have any issues with those. If the issue goes away, you might have to rebuild your presets on Q7. You could maybe try using Fractool to update your old presets as well. You could also try installing an intermediary FW version Like Q1 and editing and resaving your presets that way too before retrying with Q7. Might help it to update your presets better.

Last edited:
If you went from FW16 all the way to Q7, I'd suspect it's preset based. A lot of stuff changed between those firmware versions, so it's possible those older FW version presets maybe didn't get fully updated correctly or something. Try clearing out all of the presets (backup everything first!) and create some new test presets with Q7 and see if you have any issues with those. If the issue goes away, you might have to rebuild your presets on Q7. You could maybe try using Fractool to update your old presets as well. You could also try installing an intermediary FW version Like Q1 and editing and resaving your presets that way too before retrying with Q7. Might help it to update your presets better.
I was making a preset from scratch when the fault originally started, I then tried different existing presets also and foot controller connected disconnected etc.

What version of Axe II do you have and which FW version are you upgrading from? I haven't yet seen any freezes with my XL coming from 7.0 Beta 2.

I was making a preset from scratch when the fault originally started, I then tried different existing presets also and foot controller connected disconnected etc.

What Axe-FX II model do you use?

Can you consistently recreate the freezes or does it seem random?
Random.
I also get some presets just buzzing and clipping the output leds. Have to restart the Axe and they work again.
Think I'll try reinstalling the FW. Never did it before as I thought it was a myth something could go wrong with that. (Either it installs, or not..) I have been getting all the updates since I started with the Standard in 07' :)

Back
Top Bottom