FW 7.0 "Herbie" Diezel Herbert tone/mix tests

grantcooper2

Inspired
Hey Dudes and Dudettes,

I thought I would throw up a few variations of a tone/mix test I did using the new Diezel Herbert model, Herbie, in Firmware 7.0. They are pretty subtle variations sometimes, but oh well. I am really digging this amp model, and 7.0 in general. I can't wait to delve more into the AxeFX II.

Guitar used was a Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster Spalted Maple with BKP Black Dog pickups.

I used a backing track provided by Adam Nolly Getgood that you can find here (but his mix sounds way better haha): Alnico Black Hawk 7 test (DI's and backing track included in description) by Nolly on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

EDIT:

I added test 5 in hopes of sort of blending what I like about test 1, and what I like about the other brighter tests:

test 1 and test 5 are t808od->herbie->4x12 SLM G65 (OH) w/67cond

test 2,3 and 4 are fat rat->herbie->4x12 Recto V30 (OH) w/RE16

the only post processing is some very slight eq/compression on the guitars, then a loudness maximizer on the master chain. that's it.

Last edited:
Sounds great. I prefer test 4, but 1 and 2 mixed would probably be good too.
Thanks for sharing.

Sounds great. I prefer test 4, but 1 and 2 mixed would probably be good too.
Thanks for sharing.

Cool man yeah I agree.

I am liking the fullness of test 1, but it lacks some clarity and attack. I am going to do a few more tonight and try to find a good balance.

I added test 5 in hopes of sort of blending what I like about test 1, and what I like about the other brighter tests:

test 1 and test 5 are t808od->herbie->4x12 SLM G65 (OH) w/67cond

test 2,3 and 4 are fat rat->herbie->4x12 Recto V30 (OH) w/RE16

the only post processing is some very slight eq/compression on the guitars, then a loudness maximizer on the master chain. that's it.

The Love Bug RAWKS!!!

Hi grantcooper2,

I couldn't tell #3 from #4, but that's probably just me - LOL! I think if you blended #3 or #4 with #1, BUT made the blend approx. 65% #3 or #4 with 35% #1, you'd get a sweet blend of a full-sound with a cutting-through-the-mix sound!

Good job, and good luck!

Bill

haha yeah that is sort of what I tried to do with #5. I guess I didn't fully succeed? haha.

thanks for the listen/comments! I will keep messing around.

I was going to say #5 was it, but that 3 and 4 were very usable. (Slightly less bass on 4, yes?) But #6 is it I think, too.

Could you supply two more clips - one with the single patch tone, and then another with the combined guitar tracks, but no bass and drums?

I'm sorry, but what is a deizel herbert amp? I am updated to 7.0, but I don't see anything called any of those names in axe edit....

it is 'Herbie' it is in the thread title haha.

it is the very last few amps there. you might need to reupdate. reset parameters/etc/etc

I'm sorry, but what is a deizel herbert amp? I am updated to 7.0, but I don't see anything called any of those names in axe edit....

At first I thought it was due to copyright that the names were different, but not all of them are. He has fun creating names?

Back
Top Bottom