FW 4.0 Van Halen ´79 1959 SLP - CabIR CB 71 M02 SM 57-57 I Speaker B

Hubi

Experienced
Eddie-Mania has caught me again.......so here´s my try with Somebody got me a doctor from VH II......
I used to achieve the early Eddie-Sound with the Superlead - all on 10. Only less bass, was too flubby to me (also less in the EQ and Preamp low cut).

drums not original, I know......but the sound with Eb-Tuning and the large plate hall made me listen to all the old recordings........playing hours and hours......Guitar was my G&L Strat with Staufer Hot Humbucker

Preset for Axe FX II:

Attachments

• SLP 1959 Eddi 78 - 79.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
The soundcloud bit is "here" for me, too ... just took ages to show up/load.
Great playing, Hubi :D

Last edited:
Thats a pretty bad ass preset. Typically other users presets don't translate well to my rig for whatever reason. But this one is pretty awesome - just had to dial the input and reverb back a bit and walla, instant eddie. Thanks man !

Thats a pretty bad ass preset. Typically other users presets don't translate well to my rig for whatever reason. But this one is pretty awesome - just had to dial the input and reverb back a bit and walla, instant eddie. Thanks man !
Thanks for listenting!

What do you think about the atomic high-Amp at scene 4 and 5?

Thanks for listenting!

What do you think about the atomic high-Amp at scene 4 and 5?

Just messed around with scenes 4 and 5 - 4 sounds really great. Scene 5 with the drive engaged was a bit too much for me- theres a ton of gain there !
I actually just kept the drive block you had, turned the gain down to 0, and took out a bit of highs in the drive block. Sounds great !!

Is the CabIR free or commercially produced ?

When I load up the patch I get a combination of:
(X) F149: 4x12 Mar-Cb V30-Ch Mix (OH)
(Y) F150: 1x12 Shadow Mix (TAF)

I'm guessing that's not what it's supposed to be ? If the CabIR is commercially produced, do you have a factory suggestion as a substitute ?

THANKS !

Just messed around with scenes 4 and 5 - 4 sounds really great. Scene 5 with the drive engaged was a bit too much for me- theres a ton of gain there !
I actually just kept the drive block you had, turned the gain down to 0, and took out a bit of highs in the drive block. Sounds great !!
Sorry for that Leadsound......ha ha.............I like it when the notes beginn to sing......for me the esoteric RCB or ACB ist the best boost in front of the axe-amp.

Is the CabIR free or commercially produced ?

When I load up the patch I get a combination of:
(X) F149: 4x12 Mar-Cb V30-Ch Mix (OH)
(Y) F150: 1x12 Shadow Mix (TAF)

I'm guessing that's not what it's supposed to be ? If the CabIR is commercially produced, do you have a factory suggestion as a substitute ?

THANKS !
Maybe an interesting combination in a stereocab......:).

I recorded the sound with a third party cab from CabIR

CabIR CB 71 M02 SM 57-57 I Speaker B

Greenback G12M25 W from 1971, there´s a cabpack with mixes and singlemics in different tone-colours.

https://www.cabir.eu/en/

You can similar use the Factory cab basketwave AX or TV (102?), but they don´t produce that open sound to my ears.

Back
Top Bottom