FW 2.11 makes the Looper realy usable without loosing IA`s ;-)

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
FW 2.11 makes the Looper really usable without loosing IA`s ;-)

The new Firmware is super cool! Now, we have a "third layer" beneath the REVEAL Switch: PRESET MODE, REVEAL MODE, and now LOOPER MODE! This feature makes the Looper really usable without loosing IA´s for other tasks ... played a bit around with that and thought i have to make a video ;-) Because my Handy is that bad, it`s badly to see, what the displays of the MFC and the AXE shows ... but i help out with some comments in the clip ...

I recommend to update the MFC Firmware and try it for yourself! It´s really simple and make fun!

Thanks FAS! Now the Looper is much more than a "nice to have gimmick". It´s serious usable now!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid! I have always used the Reveal switch to access the Looper functions and now they have done all the setup work for you and with all the extra Looper functins we received with 6.0. Works great as your video shows so well.

Nice playing too!

Love the vid man.... what have you got the Axefx stood up in that looks perfect for me ...is it a speaker stand?

thanks

Thank you all for your comments :)

Love the vid man.... what have you got the Axefx stood up in that looks perfect for me ...is it a speaker stand?

thanks

Funny story: I ask myself how to get the AXE FX and the MFC into the picture at the same time ... and get the idea to use my e-guitar stand for the Axe Fx :) And yes, i think this is a easy and useful solution. I think i will use that on stage in the future .... attached you`ll find a picture ... it`s a K&M stand ...

Attachments

• 2012-07-14 14.22.13 (Klein).jpg
    2012-07-14 14.22.13 (Klein).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I had this all working last night... was fooling around today and hit the looper mode and got a rhythm going which continues when I switch back to preset mode (all good) but as soon as I hit another preset or inc/dec switch the looper stops. Odd. Off to investigate.

Edit: Nevermind! :) Last night I had set up the 4th and 9th (bank of 5) presets to have the looper so when I hit the increment in preset mode it went from 4 to 9 with no stopping the looper. Today I set a looper on preset 1 and when I hit increment in preset mode (thinking I would then go over to preset 9 in a subsequent click) it puts it at preset 6 which has no looper block and therefore it stopped. Duh!

Last edited:
as soon you hit a preset without 1) a looper block and if ... 2) without the same looper mode (!) ... (MONO, STEREO, MONO UNDO, STEREO UNDO) ... the looper memory (recorded loop) will get lost.

ergo: Make sure, all presets you`ll want to use with the same recorded loop have a looper with the same looper recording mode in!

The looper mode in the MFC is "just" a new layer of the IA switches with hard-programmed #CC numbers correspondending to the default values in the AXE FX II. It controls the Looper Block in the axe fx. It is no Looper for itself, or add new functionality or features to the axe fx II.

BUT IT ADD MUCH (!) USABILITY WHEN USING THE LOOPER OF THE AXE FX II :)

Last edited:
Haaaa! Typing at the same time. I figured it out just as you stated! :)

I edited my prvious post for others who might get confused. I suppose if you use the looper a lot just make sure all your presets have on present to avoid confusion. Sorry to derail your thread. :eek:ops

jeez... I don't think I'm going to load this until after the album's been completed

cos I just know I'll not get anything done..
I'll just noodle with this for days...

It is awesome.

2 things.

1. I don't think the METRO works. I'm assuming it should turn the metronome on and off. Doesn't work for me. note:I do have the level up on the metronome.
2. Auto Record would be a fantastic edition. (Basically Arm record and wait for input to start recording like the JamMan)

It is awesome.

2 things.

1. I don't think the METRO works. I'm assuming it should turn the metronome on and off. Doesn't work for me. note:I do have the level up on the metronome.
2. Auto Record would be a fantastic edition. (Basically Arm record and wait for input to start recording like the JamMan)

1. You are right, my be a bug - i will report that. You have to press TEMPO on the AXEFX once, than it work ....
2. It`s in there! go to Looper page 2: set TRHS to ON and adjust TRSH level to taste ....

I started another thread on this with no response so far--the Bypass switch on mine changes from red to green and back, but doesn't affect the bypass state of the looper. CC # on the Axe is set to 33.

Wondering if anyone else has this?

Danny W.

I started another thread on this with no response so far--the Bypass switch on mine changes from red to green and back, but doesn't affect the bypass state of the looper. CC # on the Axe is set to 33.
Wondering if anyone else has this?
Danny W.
#CC33 is correct. In Looper Control Mode MFC switch 11 is to bypass the Looper. And for me - it does .... curious

#CC33 is correct. In Looper Control Mode MFC switch 11 is to bypass the Looper. And for me - it does .... curious

I just turned it on to do some more troubleshooting and it's working properly. I haven't done anything to it other than power cycle, which I had already done several times, so I have no idea what just happened. Curious is right.

Thanks,

Danny W.

Back
Top Bottom