FW 18 Release Notes please?

Stuff sounds better. Some bugs were fixed. Now go practice.

A new skill-based restriction system has been introduced to the AMP block. From now on, the AMP block will ask you to play some lines and based on your skill level it will restrict your access to certain amp models. You start with the small 1 speaker combos and as you improve you work your way towards the Dumble. When you're beyond Yngwie level, a secret amp called "FAS God" becomes available.

--

What a great practicing tool :)

Stuff sounds better. Some bugs were fixed. Now go practice.

Dude, that is a total copout. Once again you have clearly failed to compensate for a player's lack of practice in your latest firmware. Sure, it might be capable of sounding better but with fools like us playing through this thing, all of your tone optimizations are completely wasted because of our lack of practice. And you've been doing this long enough to refer to bugs by their proper name: "undocumented features".

Why should I practice? I have an Axe FX.
I received my xl on friday. Friday night i told my wife to put the headphones on to see how awesome it sounded, and how this was the end of my amp purchases.
She doesn't play but just strummed all the strings at once (badly) and said " oh wow, so basically anything sounds good with it.... "

apparently, skill not required.

I received my xl on friday. Friday night i told my wife to put the headphones on to see how awesome it sounded, and how this was the end of my amp purchases.
She doesn't play but just strummed all the strings at once (badly) and said " oh wow, so basically anything sounds good with it.... "
When notes go "crunch, brrrrrrrr" instead of "crunch, fizzzzzzz" with 18.00 she will ... (end of fantasy)

i think she may have been commenting on my lack of skill. i didn't ask for clarification. Usually a gear purchase is met with "meh ... how much did you spend again" :eek:

Seriously - The Release Notes aren't written before the release of a new firmware like a script. It is the Summary of What has taken place. It is the final step. Once the Release Notes are written, it gets published. Any intelligence would have this known as common sense.

On a serious note, it would be really great if Cliff would send the real release notes. I'd like to have all of my forum posts ready about the new firmware so I can talk about it as if I knew what was going on as soon as the firmware is made available. I'd rather not have to wait to form my opinion after it's released.

apparently, skill not required.

Sorry for the hijack but I honestly do not know how to make it sound good with a headphone. I use a Sennheiser HD280. And IEM's... :( :(

I swear, if I would have bought the axe fx before I met my wife I'd be single, broke, a shittier playing, but Id have the coolest tone at the scene!

G3 ?

I am reading some posts about firmware 18 and G3. Can't find any details.
Is there more information on G3? Will this firmware work in both AXE FX 2 and XL ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom