FW 18: ODS Clean and HRM

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
These amps have been favorite of mine since before I got the AxeFX. I used to own a Dumble clone and loved that amp. The Input Drive on the clean channel can be set to a super edge-of-break-up level which takes drive pedals real well. The OD channel then takes it out of the park.

How this translates in FW 18 is really a thing of beauty. What is most pleasing and translates quite well into a recording is the snap and liveliness of the amps. They're not the easiest amps to play but they have spank for days and respond extremely well to playing and volume dynamics.

Here are a couple of recordings, thrown together using free backing tracks off the net.

The first is based on Larry Carlton's "It was Only Yesterday". I haven't learned the tune more than to be able to sketch it, but it lends itself quite well to the OD channel.

The second is on a crappy track of "Ain't Got Nothing But The Blues" where I recorded with the Clean ODS and used a Zen Drive in the second part.

Wish the playing was better, but this is what you get!

Well you said, this is what you get - I can say we got some really good and tasty playing aswell as touch and tone - thanks for sharing this wonderfull music

Thanks for the good comments. I'm VERY happy right now with FW 18. I have not played an amp model I did not like and did not sound PRESENT. Cliff outdid himself with this.
And BTW I was very happy with 17.04 and was very reluctant to try something new. But everything is better now.

Man, that sounds great. Fine playing too. Sure would like to know where you got the backing track for "Yesterday".

Most of the tapping-gymnastics would get crippled trying to reach this feel-like, great playing. I just want more.

Both clips were great, my favorite was the second, sounded like a Strat. Those Dumbles are really sweet, glad there are finally some clips that showcase them, and looking forward to FW18!

Back
Top Bottom