FW 18 beta AC30 TB + rotary demo (U2 One)

Do you use your Axe FX as an interface? That takes some CPU. I ran into max CPU-trouble more often than I liked, so I got a separate interface to relieve the Axe FX CPU a little bit. That may be the cause.

Starfighter, since FW18 is out now *yeah* I've been able to test your preset right now. Thanks for providing it, and luckily your scene with the distortions on (especially for the One solo part) really sounds
better and gives me the right dirt in the sound I've been missing so far in my presets when it comes to the high notes in the solo. I now need to review your settings what on what I did different / wrong so far.
Thanks man! This really helps me a lot.

Cool! I´ve since changed the rotary scenes quite a lot - made it simpler (and better imho). I´ll post an updated post when I get some more time to play with it.

I gave a try yesterday to your current preset (not with your "new" rotary).
I must say that it sounds a lot better playing with it as it sound in your video (rotary)
The video is not faithful to the quality of the preset.
I didn't like the rotary on your video, and I like it a lot more playing with it.
:lol

Question.
Why did you use a pitch block together with the rotary ?

Thanks again for sharing the preset.

I tried a lot of different effect blocks in the rotary scene, as I felt the sound was a bit "thin". In my current preset i have removed all of these, and simplified a lot. I also revisited Michael´s excellent tutorial and found that my playing technique on the rotary part was off. There are a lot of subtleties going on there which make a huge difference to how it sounds. I´ll try to post the updated preset later today.

Back
Top Bottom