FW 18.08 - does the DiMarzio PAF-8's have great low end? find out!

Cobrango

Power User

WARNING: EIGHT STRING CONTENT :p I'd say they sound pretty ok for low end stuff :D I think this was using the bridge/middle/neck in split coil so no humbucker here. at least one thing is for sure, the DiMarzio PAF 8's destrooooys the EMG 808's, destrooooooys them (IMHO) :p
I need to record some chugga chugga stuff as well but this clip is just to demonstrate some tone and maybe
that I'm working on my slaptechnique. It's not tight enough so maybe it will come off as "slapstick" to some of you, hehe.
Anyways I love the DiMarzio PAF 8's! I'll make sure to record more clips but I've got an exam tomorrow and a few more exams coming so I'm pretty busy at the moment. I hope you enjoy this! have a great day :)

you're only hearing the DiMarzio PAF-8's + drums. no bass guitar. I've got a special preset going on where the signal is split into two rigs in the same preset. one guitar amp rig and one bass rig, my meshuggah kind of preset :D

11188421_828914800495878_1682004547002041553_n.jpg

I've got some pics of them here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/99124-i-got-my-rg2228-back-luthier-lots-ibanez-pics-inside.html

Last edited:
Woah! :devilish:

I guess that's a good thing :D did you try it yet? would be awesome to hear some clips from anyone of you using the Meshuggahish preset.the first version is the one being used

in a former firmware (17.04 I think?) in the track "Chrome" on the bottom of my posts, my signature. no bass guitar there either :) just this monsterous preset utilizing a guitar amp and a bass amp in the same preset.

I guess that's a good thing :D did you try it yet? would be awesome to hear some clips from anyone of you using the Meshuggahish preset.the first version is the one being used

in a former firmware (17.04 I think?) in the track "Chrome" on the bottom of my posts, my signature. no bass guitar there either :) just this monsterous preset utilizing a guitar amp and a bass amp in the same preset.

Oh no sorry I did not get to try it, since I have not any of the Fractal Audio products yet, let alone an 8-string guitar, I was merely commenting on how bass-like & funky it sounded despite it being a Meshuggah-ish sound. And yes I love it :D

Back
Top Bottom