FW 18.01 Camron CCV [NOT A BUG]

Kriig

Fractal Fanatic
Could someone check the behavior of the drive knob for CCV 2a, b, c, d.

On my axe it's mostly on or off. I don't think the real amp works like this... Never tried it though.

Need to know if there is a bug, or a need to reload the fw in mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our reference amp has a linear taper pot so the behavior is very abrupt. The model matches the amp extremely accurately (as do all G3 models).

Ok. But from 0.4 to 10.0 on the drive knob there is no difference at all in gain.
It just gets a little fatter. Is that correct? Just got to check.

On 1a and 1b it works as a normal drive knob. Like any of the other 208 amps?

I'll reload tomorrow. Just to check.

Last edited:
Aha!! Well then i know it's supposed to be that way.. And i have to agreed. It sounds insane, so no need to change it (but i had to ask)

The strangest thing is that it sound like it's more gain than it really is. It big`n fat, but roll off the volume and it cleans up.

Conclution is: NO BUG --> MOVE ON 8)

Heh, yeah I started playing tonight and noticed that when you get to .5 it's already screaming. Not a bad thing indeed though :)

Aha!! Well then i know it's supposed to be that way.. And i have to agreed. It sounds insane, so no need to change it (but i had to ask)

The strangest thing is that it sound like it's more gain than it really is. It big`n fat, but roll off the volume and it cleans up.

Conclution is: NO BUG --> MOVE ON 8)

Yes, it's actually not a very high gain amp. The topology is very similar to a JCM800.

Back
Top Bottom