FW.17 no low end ?

Btw, what was the version you upgraded from? Version 16 or 15? Or earlier? Note that one of the newer firmwares introduced several new global parameters, like a global noise gate treshold, etc. that might affect your sound.

The depth control doesn't work anymore?
That would be a shame because I use that a lot with those models.

The depth is actually working after all, but depends on the presence setting. If you look at a boogie schematic you can se that the negative feedback is sort of a filter. It boost the lower frequenzys at lower presence settings. I think you will be happy with the new solution.

The depth is actually working after all, but depends on the presence setting. If you look at a boogie schematic you can se that the negative feedback is sort of a filter. It boost the lower frequenzys at lower presence settings. I think you will be happy with the new solution.

Exactly. A Boogie presence knob is more of a presence/depth control. Clockwise it boosts highs, ccw it boosts lows.

See post #3... Resetting the system would also have enabled power amp modeling ....

I have the same problem with firmware 17.xx. Low end is just gone. Same patches and reamp recordings. When you play a palm-mute there is a bump in low-end audio and waveform with fw16 and tube amps. With fw17 there is kind nothing even with bass at max.
Sounds really thin.

Also im using the same playing/performance/reamp files.

Any idea how to get the palm-mute "bass thump" back?

I have the same problem with firmware 17.xx. Low end is just gone. Same patches and reamp recordings. When you play a palm-mute there is a bump in low-end audio and waveform with fw16 and tube amps. With fw17 there is kind nothing even with bass at max.
Sounds really thin.

Also im using the same playing/performance/reamp files.

Any idea how to get the palm-mute "bass thump" back?

Try doing a system reset from the Utility menu.

Back
Top Bottom