FW.17 no low end ?

zombeaver

Hello to all !
I'm a newbie on this forum, and in using an axe fx2 xl ( i use it for a month now), and since i installed the Firmware 17, all my presets seem having lost all their low end.... It's like something like a high pass filter cutting it all...
Am i the only one having this problem ? Have i missed something ?
Thanks !

Try resetting your system params (Utility) and then build a simple preset (amp + cab) from scratch to see if that works okay.

Hello to all !
I'm a newbie on this forum, and in using an axe fx2 xl ( i use it for a month now), and since i installed the Firmware 17, all my presets seem having lost all their low end.... It's like something like a high pass filter cutting it all...
Am i the only one having this problem ? Have i missed something ?
Thanks !

What amps are you using?

I use the uber amp, a recto, and a FAS

Ok. I thought that if you were using the USA lead models and if you were using a lot of Depth that because the Depth knob is no longer responsive in those models due to the new feedback algorithm for those models that that could be the issue.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Thanks ! I'm gonna try the "update all amps" that Zwiebelchen talked about.... But where can I find it ? In the Bot utility ?

You can also select another amp, then reselect the model you were on... more time consuming, but that'll reset your amp in the same manner and isn't as big of a PITA as it seems if you only use a handful of presets.
FWIW, I'm using the uber & rectos a lot. Not missing any low end over here.

Ok. I thought that if you were using the USA lead models and if you were using a lot of Depth that because the Depth knob is no longer responsive in those models due to the new feedback algorithm for those models that that could be the issue.

Sorry I couldn't help.

The depth control doesn't work anymore?
That would be a shame because I use that a lot with those models.

The depth control doesn't work anymore?
That would be a shame because I use that a lot with those models.

"An exact solution has been implemented for the power amp feedback network in the “USA” amp models. As such all these amp models have been redone accordingly with the exception of the “USA Pre” amp models which use a more conventional power amp model. Any presets using these amp models should be reset either by deselecting then reselecting the amp model or by using the “Update Amps Default” in the Utility->Preset menu. Note: due to the unique topology of the feedback network in these amps the Depth control is non-functional."

I noticed the same thing. I tired the reset in utilities ... not change.

I'm not really good at tweaking, and was hoping that there would be an update on the Axe-Fx II Preset Banks A, B and C?

I'll try some of the suggestions here as I have heard nothing about preset bank updates.

"An exact solution has been implemented for the power amp feedback network in the “USA” amp models. As such all these amp models have been redone accordingly with the exception of the “USA Pre” amp models which use a more conventional power amp model. Any presets using these amp models should be reset either by deselecting then reselecting the amp model or by using the “Update Amps Default” in the Utility->Preset menu. Note: due to the unique topology of the feedback network in these amps the Depth control is non-functional."

Ok! Experimentation is the key!

And other strange thing since the fw17 update, the sounds are much louder, and they mostly clip on output, is that normal ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom