• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FW.17 no low end ?

Zwiebelchen

Fractal Fanatic
Btw, what was the version you upgraded from? Version 16 or 15? Or earlier? Note that one of the newer firmwares introduced several new global parameters, like a global noise gate treshold, etc. that might affect your sound.

Thomas Larsson

Experienced
The depth control doesn't work anymore?
That would be a shame because I use that a lot with those models.

The depth is actually working after all, but depends on the presence setting. If you look at a boogie schematic you can se that the negative feedback is sort of a filter. It boost the lower frequenzys at lower presence settings. I think you will be happy with the new solution.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
The depth is actually working after all, but depends on the presence setting. If you look at a boogie schematic you can se that the negative feedback is sort of a filter. It boost the lower frequenzys at lower presence settings. I think you will be happy with the new solution.

Exactly. A Boogie presence knob is more of a presence/depth control. Clockwise it boosts highs, ccw it boosts lows.

blackcom

Inspired
I have the same problem with firmware 17.xx. Low end is just gone. Same patches and reamp recordings. When you play a palm-mute there is a bump in low-end audio and waveform with fw16 and tube amps. With fw17 there is kind nothing even with bass at max.
Sounds really thin.

Also im using the same playing/performance/reamp files.

Any idea how to get the palm-mute "bass thump" back?

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I have the same problem with firmware 17.xx. Low end is just gone. Same patches and reamp recordings. When you play a palm-mute there is a bump in low-end audio and waveform with fw16 and tube amps. With fw17 there is kind nothing even with bass at max.
Sounds really thin.

Also im using the same playing/performance/reamp files.

Any idea how to get the palm-mute "bass thump" back?

Try doing a system reset from the Utility menu.

Top Bottom