FW 16 SLO-100 Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears Solo (PRESET INSIDE)

So good! There was a thread about "solos that are songs within songs" and No More Tears immediately came to mind. Has always been just a beautifully crafted solo. You did it justice. That final note...goddamn.

Nicely Done.

Thanks for sharing! You have inspired me to give that solo a try once again.

I really like your patch, some creative ideas I have never tried out before. The preset works for me as is, but I am curious...which IR are you using?

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys!
I'm glad you like my cover and sound.
I use the free UltraRes Cab OH_212_BOG-SH_FN-42_Studio-Modern.
I like this cab. I use it on most presets.

Thanks for the comments guys!
I'm glad you like my cover and sound.
I use the free UltraRes Cab OH_212_BOG-SH_FN-42_Studio-Modern.
I like this cab. I use it on most presets.

Sounds nice... And using my favorite IR, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great solo man.

Just out of curiosity... what was the actual rig used for that solo? Did Zakk use his typical JCM 800 + Boss SD-1 + Rotovibe/Super Chorus rig, or something else?

I've never been a big fan of that song but that's a NICE sounding patch, better than Zakk's sound if you ask me.

Just uploaded your patch. That's a very interesting layout. The double comps in series, in particular.

Also, did you know the OUTPUT at the end of the chain has a mixer in it for each line? You don't have to converge everything on a final MIX block in order to do balancing on each line.

You also have your blocks in the parallel lines on row 1 and 3 set to bypass mode THRU, so they're passing dry signal and adding to the overall output. If you set them to Mute In, and set the mix on the effects in those lines to 100% wet, you won't have to do the final volume reduction.

I'll send you an updated patch showing what I mean later today...

First: many compliments on this patch -- it is absolutely STELLAR. I got kind of lost playing some Cult with this. Has that HUGE, chewy SLO sound that just Ciao Edie'd up soooo nicely. Fantastic patch! I will be playing this loud with the band on Wednesday for certain!

I got the feeling the second compressor instance, the COMP block, was there just to keep a lid on the volume a bit. And most of the volume problems were coming from running parallel blocks at less than a 100% wet mix and without using mute in for the bypass mode. Using a 100% wet mix with mute in for bypass ensure that the parallel blocks never pass dry signal. They only pass wet signal. And it's way easier to keep your volume under control if you do this. With things re-org'ed output volume was much more under control and I just bypassed the second compressor. Still feels huge here.

Also, you were running a mono chorus block after a stereo enhancer block -- not sure if you run them at the same time, but the mono chorus block sums its inputs which isn't really what you want to do with stereo enhanced signals. I moved it around a bit so you can't accidentally use them at the same time and get a weird sound. Usually I push enhancers as late as possible in the chain.

You didn't seem to want reverb on your delays. And you seemed to want to keep all the reverbs in parallel with each other and I doubted you ran both delays on at the same time, so also in parallel with each other would be great, so I re-org'ed it for that. I used the SND and RTN blocks to extend the signal chain so it all works. The REV and DLY stacking is a little awkward with all the routes, but it keeps them all in parallel and there's no reverb on delay or delay on reverb. Adjust the levels on the blocks to determine how much you hear of the REV and DLY signals in the final mix.

Picture to make it clearer, hopefully:

Screen%20Shot%202014-10-13%20at%201.55.27%20PM.png

Again: this sounds SO GOOD. Fantastic patch man. Thanks for sharing it.

And here's the re-worked patch I did if you want it: Hamer90's Tears

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom