fw 15.03 | DOKKEN | Tooth and Nail full cover w/ vocals

Great patch Rocco. I loaded it and it sounds great. Only problem is there is a LOT of hiss. Are you getting it too, or could it be something in my setup. I know this is common with high gain amps and distortion. But I am having a hard time even with the gate.

thanks! mmh strange I don't get that on my setup, but keep in mind I'm playing at bedroom level so when you turn it up it's pretty common to hear more hiss..try experiment with removing the od in front, or lowering the gain if the gate doesn't stop all the noise!

Very nice cover! Somebody should send this video & patch to Mr. Scary, so he can finally end his quest for tone!

Also: Get Rocco on the Fractal Artist page!

Curious about something Rocc. This preset sounds like it has much more gain when I play through it. Doesn't have that clarity behind the gain that you have. I don't think it's just the difference between our pickups because you still have more even when I use my Les Paul with Seymour '59's.

I know the short answer is for me to turn the gain down a bit but it loses something when I do this. Wondering what other component may contribute to this tone.

I'm not trying to copy this tone, per say, but I'm trying to understand it to help me achieve "my" tone.

Do you have an isolated track of your guitar on this recording by chance?

Rocco

Great job, both of you! We always had trouble hooking up with a singer that had the range and was into the same music. Sounds like you guys are a good fit.

Lee

Rocco

Great job, both of you! We always had trouble hooking up with a singer that had the range and was into the same music. Sounds like you guys are a good fit.

Lee

thanks Lee! we're actually working on our band's first EP, to be released sometime this fall/winter..bringing back some balls-to-the-wall hard rock, this generation needs it ;)

Back
Top Bottom